. 1 9 .

"I got tea!"

Danny whooped in joy as Sam walked in the pocket-dimension, holding a tray with tea and cookies. "Yesss, I've been waiting for this," he said as he reached out to the tray that was being put on the floor.

Sam slapped his hand away. "You'll burn yourself! It's too hot!"

"Like Danny?"

"Shut up, Tucker."

Said teen shrugged as he victoriously looked over the two lovebirds, who were both blushing like crazy. "All I'm saying is that you think that," he said as he let three of his marbles float in circles above his palm.

"Tuck, what are you doing!?" Danny hissed.

"No fighting, boys," Sam scolded as she sat down on the pillow on the floor. She shook her head at the two playfully scowling at each other and sighed. "Tucker, please leave this for some other time. We gotta talk business, not love lives."

"We're saving that for later, then?"

"We're a little short on details," Sam continued without giving Tucker a second glance, "but we do know we need to be ready in a month. Clockwork said he cannot tell us much, but it's gonna be big. Tucker, put your marbles away or I swear I'll make you eat vegetables. Anyway, we need to get stronger."

"You and me for sure," Tucker sighed as he rolled onto his back, staring up in the black void they were in. "We haven't had much Quirk training at U.A. yet, and we're far from at our peaks."

"But we kinda promised we'd do less so we could 'rest'," Danny said, heavily accenting his disgust of the word.

"We only said we'd keep you from doing anything stupid and that we'd try to rest," Sam smirked as she took her cup and swirled the liquid in it around. "We never said we'd do less. Rest is not definable, since everybody does it in their own way. Maybe we rest while drinking tea or training."

"Devious as always."

Sam 'hmm'ed in agreement as she sipped her tea.

"Let's get to it, then!"

"Drink your tea first!"

Danny was rolling around on his fake cloud, trying to get Tucker to get back to work

Danny was rolling around on his fake cloud, trying to get Tucker to get back to work. "Come on, Tucker. You can do better than that!" He gestured at Sam, who was experimenting with different kinds of plants and which she could actively use in battle. Up until now, lily pads were proving to be most effective, both as transport and cover. "Sam's been busy for an hour and you've been doing things for 15 minutes. Spit spot!"

"Calm down Ms. Poppins," Tucker groaned as he rolled on his belly and pushed himself up with his hands. "Where's your training, huh? You got full control over that mist of yours yet?" he asked as he dusted himself off and looked up at a Danny, who was floating in the air. He'd been up there for some time, just yelling 'encouragement' at Tucker, who was getting a bit worked up.

Danny shrugged as he hung on his back, arms behind his head. "I'd say I'm getting the hang of it," he said.

"You need more than just mist, you know," Sam said from her spot. "Distractions and cover aren't going to be doing the trick. You need attacks as well, a real cover, or transport or agility. You're not going to be able to rely on being hidden all the time."

"Wanna test that theory?" he mock-challenged her.

Sam rolled her eyes and dropped her control over her plants before walking over to them. "Sure. Why not."

Tucker and Danny shared a glance before Danny lowered himself onto the ground through his blue creation. "Are you sure, though?" He fidgeted with his glove as she crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at him. "N-not that you're incapable or something, but I'm just... You only had this for a few weeks, and me for nearly three years. It's not fair."

"You stick to your mist and I get to use everything, how's that not fair? I'd say we're even like that."

Tucker smirked at the two, who looked back at him. "I'm guessing I'm referee, then?"

"I...I guess," Danny mumbled before taking some steps away from Sam, who stretched her arms above her head and grinned at him. "Try not to enjoy it too much. I'll figure a way around this one-Quirk problem soon," he said before also getting in position.

"Do we have a name for this fight or do I just say 'go'?"

"Tucker!"

"Alright, alright! Go! Or whatever."

A vine sprouted from the floor just before Sam's feet and shot its way across the 'field' towards Danny's hands, wrapping it around them to immobilize him. The mist he tried to make disappeared within the air, with him unable to make more because of his surprise. "Are you serious?"

"Not all the time," she said as she made the plant wrap itself further along his arms, rendering him immobile for the time being. She smirked victoriously as he struggled against the vine, unable to break through, and slowly walked towards him, her steps seemingly mocking him. "Can't get out without powers? That's a shame."

Tucker was suddenly gifted with the ability to momentarily foresee the future and got out while he could.

Danny somehow managed to get a hold of himself again and started making mist. A lot of it. Sam waved her hands around to try and maintain sight, but the cold air was too much to merely wave away. She was stuck in a contained cloud, and Danny was somewhere in it. She could still 'feel' the vine's grip on him, but... Aaand it was gone. Great. Just fantastic. He managed to get out and she had no idea where he was. She swirled around as the air moved behind her and regretted everything.

"Even game?"

"Alright, I'm sorry!" she yelled back. There was no vocal answer, but the two glowing green spots in front of her told her more than enough. "Okay, you figured something out. I'm proud of you. Enough?" Yet again, she was met with silence, but the green lights disappeared, and the air moved around her. Apparently he wasn't satisfied yet. "What do you want me to say, Danny? I said sorry, I acknowledged you're more than capable... there's nothing else for me to say!"

Her arms were grabbed. She turned, but was pushed back, landing on the floor. Her arms got pinned above her head, and Danny was suddenly straddling her waist, grinning down at her. "They don't know my powers if they can't see me do it."

She smiled back in amusement. "Okay, okay. You're right. Guess I hadn't thought of that."

"Are you calling me smart?"

"I never said you were smart." The grip on her wrists tightened, making her squirm. "Okay, okay! You're inventive!"

"Close enough," he said as he let go of her arms and crossed his own. "People rely on sight, most of the time, so if they can't see me..."

"You can do whatever the hell you want. Good point," she sighed. "Can you like...get off, now?"

"No."

Sam raised an eyebrow. "And why is that?"

Why was he being like this? Picking 'fights' and making all these corny as shit jokes? Seeking out...physical contact? Is that why he was reluctant to move? Sure, back in Amity he had had Jazz and his mother to constantly pester him with hugs and random hair-tousles, but ever since they left... Had he...been touch-starved? Danny merely shrugged. Sam bit her lip. "Do you...want a hug?"

"Oh God yes," he muttered as he pulled her from the ground and wrapped his arms around her, locking her in an embrace. Sam rolled her eyes before closing them and hugging back.