. 2 3 .

Danny and Mina were inseparable the moment they were paired. Equal in both sarcasm and knowledge of people, they got on like a house on fire. It had started during Hero Training, the practical kind. Duos were let loose in the field, equipped with their Hero Costumes and Capture Tape. A free-for-all fight. Of course. Danny had wondered if All Might was lazy or just running out of ideas. Aizawa had grumbled something about "not enough supervision," but the exercise had started anyway. It was basically sparring.

With Quirks.

Luckily, Ashido had quickly assured him they'd be fine, and Danny had accepted the fact she was calling herself his friend, even insisting on the fact he'd call her Mina, not Ashido. "We're partners in crime now!" she had beamed the moment they were assigned to each other on the fields just outside the destroyed city-center training grounds.

Danny was tempted to flee, but decided against it and suggested they'd talk strategy in a closed-off spot before charging into battle. "Coordinating attacks," had been the excuse. He was actually trying to avoid fighting today, but he also suspected luck wouldn't be on his side.

Sitting crouched on the top floor of one of the buildings in the training grounds, he sighed. "I'm very sorry, but I haven't got the slightest wha—"

"Acid!" Mina exclaimed excitedly. She dismissed his confused look with a wave of her hand. "You're either occupied or unconscious during the battles of the others. I don't blame you for not knowing it." She held up one hand and made some of the white liquid drop on the floor. "I melt through things and can make a floor really slippery."

"Cool," he breathed.

"So what's the plan, Einstein? You're clearly familiar with all kinds of battle scenarios, I thought. You say it, captain."

He blinked at her determined yet happy look and stammered out an 'uuhhh.' "W-well... I'd say you have a mobility advantage over me, so you can easily get out of a situation. If I give you a cover, can you, say, 'slide' up to someone and immobilize them?"

"Oh yeah, good idea! I never thought about using it for sneak attacks!" She clapped her hands together in a rush of adrenalin. Outside, the battle was raging, creating a lot of noise. Mina didn't seem bothered and chose to instead get more into their plan. "Would this cover mean your Mist? How do I navigate through that?"

"About that... I can sort of, sync up with you," he said, making quotation marks with his hands. Yet another weird thing that he only could do in this dimension. He pointed at her hand. "Can I..?"

"Gentleman," she noted with an impressed look as she put her hand on his, palm in palm.

"It'll tingle and be cold," he warned.

Mina has absolutely no idea how it would work, but the tingles in her hand were quick to stop her from starting to think about it. It felt like her hand was stuck in a block of ice and she tried pulling it back. Danny made sure she couldn't by putting his other hand on top of hers, trapping her. She pouted angrily, but didn't make another attempt.

"I'm sorry," he said as he let go. "If you interrupt it, it's more painful. Way more."

She rubbed her palms together, giving him a small smile. "No worries."

The sounds outside got louder, and it wasn't even three seconds before Kirishima broke through one of the windows, eyes wide in both glee and adrenalin, Capture Tape at the ready. He spotted the two shielding their heads from the glass in one of the corners far away from the windows and ran in the direction as he hardened his arms, throwing the roll of tape as he went.

Mina was reacted instantly and threw her Acid at the roll, making it dissolve before it could hit either of them. She grinned in victory as Kirishima stared at the fizzling end of the tape he was holding and opened and closed his mouth like a fish, confused by everything. She got up on her feet and jumped up and down as she saw Sero swing in through the window as well. "Kirishima and Sero!"