. 2 8 .

"Well, I was standing with the magazine stand while you two were yelling about what to take from the butcher's..." he started as Sam took his right arm and inspected the wound. "The guy was threatening the employee, and I overheard, and I couldn't just stand by whi—" He cut himself off with a hiss as Sam poked at the skin around the wound. "Sam!"

"You gotta be more careful," she scolded as she moved her hands around, creating a web of intricate minuscule vines and moss. "So you confronted him, we ran, Bakugou came running here all frantic—"

"That's a lie!" Bakugou yelled. "I wasn't—"

"—so he frantically ran here," she continued, "and you three faced off, you did something stupid and he shot and grazed you both?"

"We didn't do anything stupid!"

"Do you want a bandage or not!?" she exclaimed, glaring at Bakugou. "Shut up, or I'm leaving you to get infected. No practicals for a month. You know what's good for you, don't you?"

"I tried to push him out of the way so he wouldn't get hit," Danny jumped in.

"And that's supposed to make me feel better?" She stared at him as he opened and closed his mouth like a fish before moving his hand from trying to prove his point to the back of his neck. "You tried to take the hit again, didn't you?"

Again?

Bakugou snapped his head to their direction from where he was looking at Foley and...someone. He looked like a detective, of some sort, with his long brown coat and hat. Inspector Gadget was nothing compared to this person. He was also on the phone, probably getting a medic. He doubted it'd be necessary since Manson was doing some weird shit with her Quirk, but he wasn't complaining.

Yet.

But still, again? Was Fenton the same self-sacrificing, zero-care-for-himself as Deku? Like, for real? The two of them seemed more similar than was healthy for him. Two of those? Nah, he was good with only one he could handle, up to some point. This second one was freaking him out.

And Manson acting like she was disappointed and not surprised was even weirder. Foley was just acting as if it was normal, the two of them fussing over each other.

What the hell was America.

"The employee knocked him out with a pole or something," Danny said in an attempt to avert the question. "Right in his head, bam!" He swished his left arm around as if hitting someone. "Knocked him straight out."

"I'll thank her later."

"So, am I still gonna get my shit or what?" he said, trying to get the two to stop being so close to making out. What the hell. "I shut up, didn't I?"

Sam rolled her eyes but got to work anyway, leaving Danny to inspect his make-shift bandage. "You two are idiots," she muttered.

"Yeah yeah, don't act all proud."

"That's gold, coming from you," Danny cut in, smiling a lopsided grin.

"Wanna shut up or get blown to bits?!" he threatened, right palm dangerously sparking.

Sam slapped him.