The Tape

Hello hello! Welcome to the new chapter!! So I have an uploading schedule now!! Updates will be every weekend, ok???? Ok!!!!!! Also, holy shit 200+ kudos?!?!? Wha?? I'm so glad you all enjoy the story!! I hope you like this chapter!

-------------------------------------

Izuku shut the door behind him and flicked off the lights. He walked to his dresser, pulled out the cassette tape, and went to his bed where a plastic bag sat. He trudged over to it with the tape in hand and crawled under the blankets. God, he was sore. He opened the lid to the player and inserted the tape. He laid flat on his back and plugged in the cheap earbuds Shinsou recommended. He put them in his ears, closed his eyes, took a breath, and pressed play.

“Hey, Izu. Since you’re listening to this, they got me.” Izuku's breath stopped at the sound of Dabi's voice. He felt his lip quiver as Dabi's voice cracked at the end of the sentence.

“Let me start off with this: my death will not be accidental. Sensei will kill me off in some way to make you feel guilty, but know this, Dipshit. My blood will not be on your hands. There’s no way a weak blind kid like you could kill me, even if your quirks give you the strength of ten horny, horny hippos.” Izuku chuckled at these words. He missed Dabi’s crude humor.

“But, yeah. I’m not here to tell you it’ll be ok, or that you’re safe. That’s bullshit, and I’m not gonna lie to my favorite freak. You’re not stupid. You know you aren’t ok, or safe, or whatever Sensei is trying to feed you. You have never been safe, not from the moment Spitfire decided he wanted to raise his only son. At least when he was the only one who wanted you in the league, you had a chance of being free without all the carnage and shit that Sensei’s gonna make you endure.

“Anyways, as I said earlier, I’m probably dead if you found this. Scratch that, I’m definitely six feet under if you found this. Hopefully, you found it sooner than later, I don’t really wanna think about what Sensei’s forced you to do if it’s later.”

There was a pause. Izuku felt the cold seep into his bones as he snuggled further under the rough tan blanket, making sure it covered his head and body entirely. He heard Dabi cough awkwardly.

“Uh. Yeah. So! If I’m dead, I failed in helping you escape.” Izuku was confused. Dabi never spoke about escaping, and he sure as hell never tried to help Izuku escape. “I’ve been planning our grand escape for a while now, ever sense Sensei said something that I didn’t really like the sound of. He called you Shigaraki’s pawn. Now, I’ve known Tomura since I was 7. Sensei has spoiled him from the very beginning, honestly making him childish. You’ve noticed this, no doubt. You’re smart. Observing. I know you’ve seen how Sensei spoon feeds him anything he wants.

Unfortunately, Tomura does not want you. Sensei does, though. You were a blank slate. Easily manipulated and moldable. You didn’t even have a quirk. He could use you in any way he wanted, or so he thought. Izuku, you are the strongest, most badass, kindest kid I have ever met, despite the fact you’ve seen and experienced things that would make most adults piss themselves. You deserve so much better than the life you have now.

“I have some… acquaintances who helped me pull some strings. I have set up an account for you at The Hosu bank. I’m not sure if you knew it, I’m sure you didn’t, but that’s in the same city as the base is. You’re smart, you’ll find it. When you get there, ask for Kauai. Tell them that you’re a friend of Dabi’s, and he’ll take care of you.

But that’s for later. There’s no use in having the money while you’re still apart of the league, right? I’m gonna be straight with you, there’s no escaping them completely. Sensei will always be hunting you, but you are a certifiable genius. Be smart. If something seems shady, get the hell outta dodge.