Another Day

Hey! So, I just want to apologize. I have been a terrible writer recently and I haven't posted in a long time, and I want to just say sorry. I don't have a good excuse and I know you guys must be pretty tired of my terrible lack of updating, but I will be trying to update more. Please hold me to this! Anyways, here is the new chapter! ALso!!!!! This is a two-part chapter because The first draft was getting WAY too long and I really wanted to get this out as soon as possible. I hope you enjoy it. 

  The locks on his case clicked softly, the only noise filling his silent room. He grabbed his bow and the neck of his viola and placed them into position with the chinrest pushed against his neck and bowstrings meeting viola strings just above the bridge. One final glance at the sheet music in front of him before taking a deep breath and closing his eyes. Another breath, and he began.

The music filled the room, each note bringing Shouto to life. With his aching, bloody knuckles and bruised fingers, he brought the music to life along with him. The song he played was one of sorrow and joy, a piece that he played quite well. Today, he did not play for his own emotion, but for an enigma's. You see, today, he met someone who introduced him to a whole new world. One filled with more sorrow then the young Todoroki had ever experienced, but also with more joy than he could ever wish for. He had met Midoriya Izuku.

Izuku stretched and yawned, blinking on his quirk before looking around his room. It was still pretty barren, save for a few posters and his disastrous desk. He swung his legs from his bed, ignoring the slight tinge of pain resonating from his head. It seemed that the stress of the day to come was already affecting him, and he wasn't prepared at all. 

He picked up his watch, watching as the numbers became visible as it entered the aura surrounding his hand. That was the only way he could see it, along with any other inanimate object like books or videos on his phone. He swore under his breath as the numbers appeared to him. He had 30 minutes left of freedom before he began his first year of middle school. Actually, of any public school ever. He'd been homeschooling with Mic and Aizawa, but he was still behind in Science and History. He excelled in English and Japanese thanks to Mic, who was probably the coolest teacher ever. He was gonna miss having him as a teacher.

Izuku walked to his closet and pulled out his uniform. He slipped off his pajamas and pulled on his required outfit. It was uncomfortable. He stepped out into the hallway and down the stairs, making his way to the kitchen. Mic stood at the stove flipping flapjacks, making Izuku smile. He flicked off his quirk as he sat at the table, not wanting to use up his quirk's time. "

"Hey, kiddo! Read for the big day?"

Izuku sighed and rested his head on the table before releasing the most anguished moan he could muster. He could feel the Mic's eyes roll.

"Oh, hush. You'll be fine! You'll have Katsuki with you, remember?"

He sighed again before resting his head on his hand. "Yeah, but I don't want to deal with people." He looked down. "They'll make fun of me," he mumbled to himself, not intending Mic to hear. He did anyway.

He walked to him, setting down a plate in front of him and pulled him into a side hug. "No, they won't. If they do, come and tell us. We'll take care of them" Yamada said, an ominous tone wriggling its way into his voice. Izuku giggled and pushed him away. "Yeah, yeah. Micky." Mic laughed, shoving his shoulder playfully. "Watch it, buddy." He winked before heading back to his pancakes.

Izuku heard him whine and he looked up towards him, mildly concerned. "My pancakes." Mic exhaled sadly. Izuku could smell the burnt dough, and he laughed. Maybe the day wouldn't be so bad after all.