I FEEL LIKE A CHAMPION OMG

OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY SO

I had two softball games today. One at one in the afternoon and the other at four in the afternoon. The four o'clock game was against the High School team, who are the freaking best at everything.

It's the top of the second inning. Two outs and I'm on third base. We're tied two to one, High School team in the lead. A ball goes past the catcher and I don't care what my coach said, I was booking it home.

I was three fourths of the way home when catcher got thr ball, pitcher right next to her covering the bag. I take a stutter step back and pretend to book it back to third. When she throws it I make a u turn and go for the bag. The pitcher and catcher are both covering home plate.

In between the pitcher's legs was about 1/6 Of the plate. I aimed my right foot right in between and slid. Dirt was freaking EVERYWHERE!!! Pitcher had the ball and was placing it on my chest, but my knee to my ankle was over the plate. I held my hands up for a time out. I was literally in between a sophmore's legs.

I was safe.

I WAS

FRIGGIN

SAFE!!!!

I tied the game up two to two. The run before we got here? I hit a double and got a girl in. Guess what I did the next inning? Caught for the rest of the game. Did I mention I also had to take my inhaler while on second base? I'm not in high school and this mix of sophomores and juniors were treating me like a Senior All Star. They treated me like I was on VARISTY!!! THE COACH HAD THEIR CATHCER WATCH ME FOR FREAKING TIPS MAN!!!

So yeah, I think I finally did something pretty great.

~Eva