Ricky

As I've talked about before, at my school during the spring semester I was playing as a role in two out of three productions we were doing at the same time. 

One of them I was a man named Kevin Foley. A real stupid guy. Protective of his wife. Wears flannels and dorky glasses. But overall lovable and prioritizes his family more than anything. I based him off of my real dad. He was fun to play, but I couldn't go all out with him.

Now the second charscter is a character that will stick with me forever. His name was Ricky Blitz, the pro bad dude of crazy town. And when I mean bad dude I mean like teenager bad. Doing pot and smoking drugs kinda bad. Dusty Cheeto fingers on everything and smacking gum just to annoy you kind of bad. He was flirty and had a thick new your accent. He'd wear preppy clothes and had a stretched hummer he parked in the handicapped places. His Mom went to a private school and played tennis and his dad was a greaser growing up. He hates how his hair is naturally greasy so he covers it up. He's a big kid. Thicc boi. Nobody messes with him or he breaks both their noses kinda of dude. Also a huge ladies man. And a man's man. He don't care.

Ricky was that bad kid in school, and in the world of Crazytown that's how everybody was. Except for Sheldon who he had to teach to be bad like him. That's literally the plot of the second scene which I was featured in. Even if Ricky is a bad guy, I felt empowered being him. I felt like I had an influence. It's almost like you become the character. I became the cocky son of a bitch and used his egotistical ways to make me feel good. Because, hey. Everybody loves Ricky. And that's a fact.

By far, Ricky is the character that I am most proud of developing even though he isn't originally mine. He is t just a character, he's a little perosnality floating around in me that I can switch to at any given moment. He is there to make me confident and tell me to assert myself. I've been a little bit different since that play. More sassy than anything, but still different. For example, I don't let teachers like my spanish teacher guilt trip me into taking advanced classes even though I don't even want to learn Spanish in the first place, it's just required and some basic phrases are cool to use in fanfiction sometimes.

Ricky means a lot to me. I still have the shirt I used to perform in. I still have the tie and the jeans and the sneakers and the beanie. I doubt I'd ever get rid of them because Ricky helps me feel happy again. Ricky helped me forge greater bonds with my friends in theater. I can make people laugh and feel good about themselves when I'm Ricky.

I'm sorry for ranting for so long. I just really had a deep and emotional bond with my character. I hope other theater kids understand. My theater director always says that a charscter should always become a part of you when done right.

and Ricky did.