2.9

"So he's about half way done the process." Chungha stated as Eric entered the office.

"Meaning we need him to testify in court." Eric added, taking a seat next to Chungha.

"Are you sure he's ready for that?" Namjoon asked before Chungha nodded.

"If things are going as planned he should be able to testify."

The doctor entered the room. "His microchip looks good, he's ahead of the process. He should be back to normal in about a month."

"Are you sure?" Eric asked, he nodded. "This hasn't happened before."

"Well there's a first for everything sir." The doctor stated before writing something down and leaving.

"I'll be right back." Namjoon said as he stood and walked out, he felt uneasy for some reason as he walked down the hall.

There were interrogation rooms, doors opened and closed.

An open one caught his eye though, he froze as he recognized the person sitting in the chair.

His ex wife played with her fingers at the table, her wrists being handcuffed to the table itself.

His anger got the best of his as he barged into the room.

She looked up at him calmly before smiling. "Why hello Namjoon, long time no see."

"Fuck you."

"Well that's harsh, most people would reply with a polite "hello" doesn't that sound nice?"

"I should've known you'd come back to haunt me." Namjoon bellowed before turning and seeing him.

Jimin stood against the door frame, looking at his biological parents arguing.

No one knew what to say.

"Hi Mom." Jimin said in almost a whisper as he entered the room. Namjoon backed up against the wall as Jimin stood at the table. All he did was look at her before Eric came in.

"Step away from the table Jimin."

"You ruined me." Jimin whispered, ignoring the man.

"Jimin." Eric warned as Jimin continued to ignore the latter.

"You made my family suffer. I missed out on being happy while you beat me."

He was crying now.

"You were supposed to love me. You're my mom." He sobbed. "But you're not! You see, you made me fucked up."

"Jimin-"

"Fuck you." He whispered, finishing his speech before turning and walking out of the room.

Namjoon immediately followed suit before Eric shut the door.

"What the hell was that?!" Jin asked angrily to Namjoon as he sighed.

"I don't know okay? He just-"

Namjoon stopped talking when there were hiccups heard.

The four adults turned to see Jimin, back towards them crying.

"S-She isn't my mom." He sobbed as he turned toward the group; tears pouring down his cheeks.

Namjoon opened his arms and Jimin ran into them.

"I was normal, why can't I just be normal again?" He whispered he cried. "Dad I want to be normal."

"Fix me."

———

"So why are they still in there?" Jungkook asked as Jimin sat in Namjoon's lap as he rocked him in the middle of the boy's room.

He had been rocking him for hours.

Jimin's face had no emotion as he was rocked but it was soothing nonetheless.

"He's coping." Jin replied before walking back into the kitchen.

The two other boys continued to watch Namjoon and his racing mind while he rocked blank-minded Jimin.

It was depressing.

"So Jimin's mom is in jail?" Taehyung asked as the two boys went into the kitchen to help set the table for dinner.

Jin nodded.

"Though, for her to get a sentence they need Jimin to talk about his experience to the jury."

"Is he ready?" Jungkook asked, Jin sighed.

"I don't know."

———

It was 12:30 am, the usual time.

And as if on que, Taehyung's bedroom door opened.

Jimin climbed into the bed before cuddling into Taehyung.

"I'm scared." Jimin whispered.

"Why?" Taehyung whispered back.

"They want me to talk about my time with my mom."

"Why are you scared about that? If you do, you never have to see her ever again."

"Really?"

"Really." Taehyung reassured before Jimin held up his small pinkie. Taehyung linked it with his before Jimin smiled. "Jungkookie and I will be there too so you won't be alone."

"Can you come up with me?"

Taehyung didn't know how to answer the question so he only hummed.

"I dunno, you'll have to ask someone else about that. I don't know the rules."

"Oh, but I'll be able to look at you right? You'll be sitting with the other people?"

"Yeah, I promise it'll be okay, all you have to do is tell your story so it doesn't happen to anyone else."

"So if I talk, no other little boy will be taken like that?"

"Well okay, maybe not ever but the police will have more knowledge on how to prevent the situation and find the kids sooner."

"Okay Tae Tae."

He sighed contently.

"I'll talk."

———

A/N

I'm a whore for TXT my bias is Beomgyu :)

My favourite song is also Blue Orangeade (just incase you wanted to know)

TJKPOP