ten - reveal

Fury pulled me into the main control room where Steve and Tony were sitting.

I probably look like shit, the gash on my head most likely needed stitches, I had dust all over my face and clothes from the explosion and I had tear streaks on my face.

A medical lady came up to me right as I walked in. "Miss Rogers let me help you." She pulled me over to the table.

"I'm fine." I pushed her away lightly. I don't want to be touched right now.

Fury motioned for her to back off. Steve has his gaze on me.

Hill stood to the side. Fury pulled a handful of cards out.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them." Fury scattered them on the table. Some are wet with blood. "We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Think I had that coming."

Fury began to make his way around the table to Steve and Tony.

"Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number, though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative."

Fury reached for a chair between Tony and Steve "The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes."

Tony stood and walked out. "Well, it's an old fashioned notion."

"But you still lie." I muttered after Tony left. Fury and Steve looked over to me. I didn't feel sad anymore. I was pissed.

"The moment I woke up, that was a lie....The first thing you asked me to do before I got here was to keep a lie." I stood up. "Peggy taught me to never lie....to be honest." I took at step towards Fury. "I've kept your secret all because of a mission." I balled my fists. Fury didn't looked surprised at all...but Steve sat up in his seat.

"Hazel You're okay." Fury stood up.

"No, no, this is not okay! NOTHING ABOUT THIS OKAY! You're a lier! A STUPID PIECE OF SHIT LIER" I yelled. I needed to punch somebody. Steve looked cautious, he knew I was going to rage.

"Tell him or I will." I brought my voice back down. My eyes started to sting.

I clenched my jaw and swung my fist but Steve caught it and held me back. He wasn't harsh but used his strength enough to overpower me. "Let go!" I kicked and sobbed.

"Hazel stop." Steve said softy.

"Let go!" I tried to slap him off but he just held my arms.

"No!" I sobbed and turned around hugging Steve with all my might and sobbing into his uniform.

He rubbed my back. "Would you care to explain?" Steve looked at fury.

• • •

Fury and Steve went into a private room, I had to stay and get cleaned up. I was on edge. Steve is going to be angry and upset at me. I'll be forced to stay wherever shield makes me.

I stayed silent while the lady cleaned up my face and bandaged me up. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I didn't stop that car and I was put into the orphanage. Would I be the same? Would i have been kidnapped and thrown over a cliff. Maybe Phil would have lived. God I miss him...