chapter one

North Africa, Zaria 1533.

      Approximately two hundred years prior to the eatablsihment of sokoto caliphate,There lived the traditional city of Zazzau,in kaduna state, The Zaria Emirate.

The Zazzau emirate has it headquarters in the city of Zaria and was ruled by the king of Zazzau for decades.

The throne was passed from generations to generations with hopes that one day the kingdom of Zaria will  rise Among other provinces and make a historical mark.

In the city of Zazzau,A wealthy family who trades in imported metals, cottons,Salt and horses puts them on the mark And this family held the throne of Zazzau right from time,being the most powerful and feared kingdom,Zazzau Empire was at it peak.

One evening The king of Zazzau was  teaching his son " kaima" the art of archery.

"Now hold it straight and close your left eye" said The king, guiding his son.

"Stop shaking" The king commands.

"I'm sorry Baba" kaima replied taking few steps away from the king.

"Is this how you're going to rule The city?"

"I'm sorry Baba" kaima repeats  looking down at his bow.

"I need you to be quick, strong and smart" The king spoke waiting a for a reply which never came.

Frustrated the king thought to dismiss the young  prince"Go home!"

" Wait!" The king added gesturing kaima to stop.

"Kalla!" The king called

"Yes your highness" kalla bowed a bit.

"Take him home"

"Yes your highness" 

With kalla and the Prince on thier way back home, The king decided to pay a visit to someone.

"Wait here!" The king ordered the guards.

The king walked Alone to a familiar dark place known to him,He ventured in to the caves and stopped when a voice spoke .

"You remembered me today"  a shaky voice spoke.

"I never forgot you" the king replied looking at the old lady who sat on a stool.

"Oh!... but you did!" Insisting.

"When was the last time you came to see me" she adds.

"My Apologies kalima" crossing the distance between them and sat next to the old lady.

"Ah!...how have you been?" She asked.

The king stared at the old lady and went on to ask "I've sent supplies did you receive them?".

"Right there" kalima(the old lady) pointed to the corner in the room.

"I haven't touched them yet...thank you "

"Your father would have been-" kalima spoke but was cut short by the king.

"-Please...I handle things differently, I'm sure you'd  understand"

"Stubborn..yes But you're not a bad person " kalima stated staring at him intently.

"Are you still having those nightmares?" Kalima asked.

"Yes" the king replied squeezing his temple.

"Did you do what I told you to?" Kalima asked.

"No" the king simply said.