chapter seventeen

Right before sunrise,The warrior Queen and her men reached the boundary of Daura kingdom, They thought to be discreet and prepare themselves, But they know what lies ahead for The king himself was a cunning man.

They approach  Daura kingdom,A welcome carpet was layed already. The Queen was not surprised for she wanted a fair battle and king Abba seemed prepared as well.

"They've spotted us" commander alerts

"It was only a matter of time " The Queen stated. 

The war drums were beaten and people took sanctuary in thier homes,
The Queen and her men took positions and prepared themselves.

Without warning Arrows were shot from high above the ground and aimed at the Queen's men, some were badly injured while some took cover with their shields.

The commander charged and led the men into the territory and it was official the war has just begun!.

Swords were being swung from different angles, both side mounted with thier horses,some on foot,blades were being thrown around and it seemed tthe king was indeed prepared, for the men in Daura had the upper in this .

The Queen inturn was aiming for the king, she took some men with her and in all  that chaos,she led herself to the king himself.

"You are foolish to have come here!" King Abba stated chuckling to himself.

"Think whatever you want!"Amina spat at him.

She charged at him with full force and swung her sword but the king dodged and she missed,she was consumed by anger and the king thought to play with her for while,finally he wasn't laughing anymore and he knocked her to the ground and her horse left the scene.

Before she got on her feet, King Abba was right behind her and  kick her  which sends her to ground again only this time she was supported by her hands.

She rolled and stood up, King Abba followed,he picked her sword and threw it at her.

"Go on ....pick it up" king Abba spoke gesturing Amina to pick up her sword.

She quickly picked it up and charged at him again, she screamed, only this time she seemed to have succeeded in giving him shallow cut in his arm.

"Your first cut" Amina informs him with a smirk.

King Abba was furious and the fight continued, in the course of the fight , they both lost thier sword and began using thier fists.

On the background,the Queen's men were holding their own as they fought the other party,Amir the commander was  busy killing and wounding the soldiers from Daura but stopped when he  spotted The Queen struggling with her opponent.

He was terrified and wanted to get to the Queen and help her, he tried to reach her and block attacks and cuts , he was about getting to the Queen when a soldier from Daura pierced his sword through Amir abdomen from behind and this sends him straight to the ground.

The Queen was in kneeling position,with her hands held behind by king Abba and blood dripping from the side of her mouth,with multiple wounds and cuts and hissed in pain,trying to catch her breath.

She struggled to get away from him but it was difficult,both her hands were bound by him.

"Look at you! Pathetic...worrior Queen my foot!" Disgusted by her sight and vulnerability, he tried to hold her hands in place.

Amina did one thing she knows how to do best, Use her head.

She relaxed a bit to show king Abba a sign of defeat  and submission,he registered her body language he went on to say.

"You should've stayed in your little kingdom...May be even marry me but No!..you want to stand where men like me stood now look at you , your
brother and father will be very  disappointed " with a mocking laugh

Amina was furious by his words and without thinking much, she used her right knee to lift herself from the ground which sends king Abba off balance and then snatched her hand away from him, He struggled to get control of her but when Amina reached for her dagger from her waist she ran it through the king's heart and then she backed away from him.

He kneeled on the ground  and struggled for help just then Amina took a sword from the ground and ran it through him again only this time he was laying flat on the ground with blood coming from his cuts and mouth.

"My father will be very pleased to know what I've done to you " Amina  expressed.

He was breathing heavily and reaching out his hands, he tried to hold on but gave up when his heart beat came to a stop.

Amina was startled when she felt some one from behind her but before she could turn, the figure was lying on the ground.

"A..A..Are you okay my Queen " Amir asked struggling to stand.

Sensing Amir has just saved her from the king's brother who was about to attack her from behind and now Amir was wounded badly.

"Let me help you" Amina leaned to help him.

"No..No I can stand" Amir protested

"You're hurt" Amina clearly stated.

"And so are you " Amir points out.

Relief washed Amina's face when scanned through the battle ground,her men were killed and wounded but victory was her's, King Abba is no more.

Some of the men came to help the Queen and Commander, they scanned the palace and took thier gold and valuables,they also took the remaining soldiers as prisoners and thought to have control of Daura.

They returned to Daura with thier heads held high and nursed thier injuries,some kingdoms were congratulating  Zazzau on victory,some were saddened by their Act, some thought to seek alliance  as  a means of protection while some reign curses at the Queen and her kingdom.

Days passed and Everything was calmed in Zazzau, The Queen  was in her father's collection Room , when she was interrupted by a certain someone.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

Lovelies please vote and comment❤❤❤.
Thank you