chapter twelve

Days passed and the commander refused to speak,He was in so much pain but refuse to break.

They thought to take there time with him,As there are many ways to make him talk.

At the palace.

"I have to talk about this with other kings as well...we have to find ways to negotiate something " Amina spoke looking straight at waziri.

"My Queen I'm afriad this time around..we shouldn't expect Everyone to be present " waziri spoke.

"What do you mean waziri..And why is that?" .

"You see my Queen, The kings from kano,Rano,katsina are on the traditional side..they feel a bit..how Will I put it...A bit..." waziri tried to make out his words not to sound insulting.

Amina smirked and leaned forward hanging to every word.

"That I am not worthy to hosts...Beceuse I'm a woman...is that it waziri?" Amina asked waiting for his reply.

"My Queen not precisely how they've  put it...but they've Never seen a Female Ruler you see..And..I think they-" pausing a few times ,waziri tried to finish his sentence but was cut short.

"How do we solve this waziri?...I can't afford to loose this...Zazzau has been hosting such gatherings  for years..And you of all knows that" Amina expressed  with a frown .

"I think I have a solution my Queen..these people are traditional..so we have one option "waziri replied.

"What do you propose?" Amina asked waiting for his reply which never came.

Waziri leaned forward to the Queen and whispered in her ears..And with that The Queen frowned..not pleased with what she's been told..She pulled back and took it in.

"Is this the only way?" Amina asked lifting an eye brow.

"Yes My Queen..They want traditional we'll give them traditional!" Waziri replied.

"Traditional "Amina repeats.

"I know what I have to do " Amina adds.

Waziri nods in agreement.

The  Meeting was to be fixed with kings of the North,The host was the Queen herself...Amina.

Zazzau being one of the greatest city of the north,Has been A meeting point for years and has held that privilege.

The Queen most do Anything to gain acceptance and Respect by other king's.

In The Queen's Room.

"You sent for me your highness" Amir spoke walking into the room.

"Yes" Amina simply said,standing away from the edge of the bed.

"Your highness is there a problem?" Amir asked with a frown.

"I'm afriad yes Cousin...I  have a problem and you're the only one who can solve it for me " Amina replied.

"Anything for my Queen" Amir replied waiting to hear the Queen's demand.

Amina took a step towards Amir and stopped just few inches away.

"Do you still have feelings for me" Amina asked waiting for his reply which never came.

Sensing the atmosphere,Amina took a deep breath and spoke again.

"I'll ask again " with a cold expression.

Amir felt he was being toyed with once again.

"Do you still fancy me...dear cousin?" Amina asked as she held a smirk and took small steps towards Amir 

Amir was caught off guard and didn't know how to reply .

"I...I..mean..you.."Amir stuttered.

"You're my cousin ...so yes..I-" Amir tried to make his sentence but was cut short by Amina.

"That's not what I mean Amir" Amina  narrowed her eyes a bit.

Sensing Amir was holding back, She decided to dismiss him.

Amir sensed the Queen wasn't joking around, He thought to wait just to be sure..but his tongue betrayed him.

"If you have nothing else to say-" disappointed  Amina spoke but was interrupted.

"I Never stopped loving you " Amir quickly replied waiting for a reply which never came .

Amina smirked and retraced her steps back to the bed posts,Feeling proud and relieved at the same time for this was music to her ears.

"That's all  I needed to hear " Amina stated

"I don't Understand?" Amir quickly spoke.

Amina who was sitting on the edge of the bed, shook her head and went over to Amir Again.

"Amir..open your eyes and ears...we are getting married" Amina simply said.

"Married?...B..But You..." Amir was confused even more.

"And here I was thinking it will make you happy to hear this" Amina spoke with a bit disappointment.

"I'm extremely happy...But why Now?"Amir asked.

"Because now is the right time..The Queen needs her commander by her side..you Amir" Amina emphasized.

"So this is political...you're doing this for Zazzau..Once again" Amir spoke with a frown.

"Yes...isn't it obvious dear cousin...whatever I do..I do for Zazzau..what else..which includes you " Amina replied.

Deep down my heart tells me to say yes and have her like I've always hoped but again with Amina you never know..she's not getting married for any pleasures and I don't want to be Used..

Amir struggled with his subconscious before snapping back to reality.

"You're thinking too much cousin..it's a yes or a no thing" Amina spoke with cold expression .

Sensing Amir was still thinking, she went on to say...."it's Fine Amir..I'll find some one else to do this for me" Amina spoke and turned around to walk away.

"Wait" Amir quickly said.

And she held a smirk before turning around with a neutral expression.

"I 'll do it.." Amir spoke .

Without wasting much time Amina was quick to Reply.

"Good...Good then...it will happen in Three days..so go, prepare yourself , do what you must" Amina spoke as she exited the Room leaving Amir standing Alone and lost in his thoughts.

In one of the holding rooms.

"Did you feed him?" The Queen asked.

"No your highness " one of the guards replied.

"Good" the Queen simply said.

"Pl..p..please...just let me go...please.." commander pleaded sounding exhausted.

"And I will do that..Once you tell me what I need to hear" Amina spoke  she bending to his level.

"If you don't speak commander..then I'll be forced to include you family in this...your daughter's" Amina spoke with a sinister smile.

"You wouldn't!" Commander replied looking straight at the Queen.

"Fine then commander,the blood of your family will be on your  very own hands" Amina simply said  turning around to exit the holding Room.

"Wait!" Commander quickly spoke.

Amina smirked a bit and turned around, The commander was in kneeling position and was prepared to do anything to save his daughter's life from the hands of the warrior Queen.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣
Silent readers!! I see you 😑😑...so please vote😭😭.
Don't forget to vote comment.

Thank you.
❤❤❤