chapter five

On the ground, He stood, the prince of Daura about to claim victory or so he thought.

Before him many tried but failed, He was hailed and cheered by his entourage and that made him  more proud.

After three shots he manage to secure two shots,frustrated  but confident that no one will ever top that.

He went back feeling confident And when Amir ( Impersonated  by Amina) was called on the ground,The clan of Zazzau cheered but Amir was far from being on the place of the tournament, He agreed to switch places with Amina and was hiding on the top of trees as he watched from a distance.

And so it began, Amina shot the first Arrow and Everyone cheered,the Prince shrugged his shoulders watching from the tent.

She went on to shoot Another arrow on the same spot and Everyone cheered again ,The king of Zazzau was as proud as ever.

"Impossible!" prince Abbah whispered from the tent with a frown,starting to show sign of discomfort.

Amina took a deep breath and was about the shoot the last Arrow, when  screams broke Everywhere and the whole gathering was in chaos!.

Men swung from left to right, The king's  attention was demanded Immidiately and Amina can't help but wonders what was happening.

Everyone scrambled and the whole place was disrupted in seconds, Amina rushed back to the tent to grab her rough bag,The tent was Empty and she eaves drop on Prince Abbah and one of his guard.

Her presence was missed by them, she can't believe what she's heard and can't help but worry about her brother kaima, who must be In great danger at the moment.

Immediately she rushed back to the palace and met Amir on the way.

"What is happening?" trying to catch up.

"I don't know Amir...My brother " Amina spoke  with a clenched law.

"What happen to kaima?" Amir asked.

" I hope nothing happens to him or so help me-"  making her way to the room Amir was taken .

"-the prince will be fine"

The place was packed with people,but right then the king asked Every one to leave at once.

There he layed, with blood coming out from his mouth and Nostrils and he seemed to be struggling and trying to say something .

"Kaima" I whispered rushing to his side.

"My son...please say something " the Queen cried on her knees beside her sick son.

"Zaraa. The sorcerer is coming" The king spoke moving away from the prince.

" But Baba this is not black magic!" I spoke out loud .

" It's  neighter the time for your curiosity  or insights young lady" The king spoke with a frown.

" If what  I've heard was correct  then-" Amina tried to explain herself but was cut off by the king.

"- And what did you hear?"

"I'm afriad he's been  poisoned!"

" What?" 

"What do you know of this?".

" Father..." Amina tried to make out her sentence but was cut off by the presence of the sorcerer.

" My king....Let me" Zaraa The sorcerer moved closer to the sick kaima.

He chanted a few words and placed a hand on his chest and then spoke.