chapter ten

In the Queens chambers,Amina sat on a stool and sipped honey in a golden chalice, she smirked a few times,appreciating the moment for she felt in control.

Amina's POV

This feels good I thought to myself,no wonder father may his soul rest in peace liked being in control, It feels good to be in control and I want more of this.

This is a new era,I shall do what my father couldn't and prove to the council Members!.

First matter is to discard the cabinet,I want people who see things the way I do, I want to put Zazzau back on the map,I want to lead us to victory.

"commander" I whispered to myself  holding a sinister smile.

"Who ever had a hand on kaima's and father's death, I shall come for you" sipping my honey drink.

End of Amina's POV.

At the palace

"Your highness what do you suggest about the alliance with the Gobir kingdom?" Waziri asked.

"I don't know waziri...I'll like to know thier interests in all this" Amina spoke.

"But they're asking for a instant reply my Queen" waziri added with a nod.

"Let them wait!" Amina yelled.

"My Apologies your highness I didn't mean to make you angry" waziri quickly replied.

"Waziri...you know why I  choose you?"

"No your highness"

"I've seen you work with my father and I trust you know what I mean".

" Yes my Queen" waziri quickly replied.

"Good,I want to appoint a new commander" Amina simply said.

Waziri looked at her with a frown.

"What do you think waziri" Amina asked waiting for his reply.

" My Queen I'm sure you have your reasons" waziri spoke.

" Oh..I do" Amina spoke.

"Guard!" Amina called out

" Yes your highness "

"I need the commander this instant" Amina orders

" Yes your highness " the guard nods and left the room.

While they await the presence of commander in palace,Amir walks in to the palace and joins the duo.

"Speak of the devil " the Queen spoke  (Amina).

"Greetings your highness " Amir spoke and nods a bit.

"You came at the right time" Amina spoke.

"I'm lost your highness "

"Patience cousin" Amina spoke.

While they wait, the commander walked in and took position sitting beside waziri.

"My Queen I came as soon I was called " commander spoke.

"You did well" Amina spoke.

"I was thinking commander" Amina simply said.

"What about my Queen" the commander asked.

Amina smirked a bit and went on to ask him.

"How is your family commander..I mean your wife?" Amina asked.

"She's fine my Queen " commander replied confused a bit.

"And your children?".

" they're   fine my Queen " commander replied knowing she's never asked him his family's well being .