chapter eleven

Zazzau Empire.

The Queen thought to pay  commander a visit.

"I'm not happy seeing you like this Commander" Amina shook her head.

"You were one of our greatest men"she adds putting her hands behind her back.

"You've made the wrong desscison by keeping me here!" Commander replied.

"You will pay....you I'll  regret doing this to me..." commander added.

"Shut up!" Amina orders

"You know I came here to talk..to try free you but now...now I've changed my mind" Amina spoke in a calm manner.

"You are nothing but a lost woman..we've dealt with worse and we will do it again" Commander spoke.

"I'll  have to teach you to bite your tongue...commander" Amina spoke as she moved closer.

"Chain him!" Amina ordered moving back a bit

Two guards were standing with her in the holding room,they chained commander and left him helpless.

"I will teach you to respect me" Amina stated.

Amina grabbed a pair of garden scissors and approached commander.

"What are you doing?" Commander asked  in a state of shock and disbelieve.

"You just wait...this will hurt me more than it I'll hurt you...because I don't want to do this"Amina whispered to the commander.

"N..nnn..no.no please...please..no" the commander pleaded as he struggled to free himself.

"Shhhhh..." Amina cooed him

She grabbed the scissor and went on to  have his fingers held straight and right then the commander made a loud scream.

"This will teach you to have respect for women !".

"Ahhh...why are you doing this ?"The commander asked as he cried in pain.

"Now you have nine fingers and for each curses and insults that comes out of your mouth I'll take out a finger" Amina explained leaning forward.

The commander was bleeding and screaming at the same time, still in shock over she's done to him.

"Are we clear now commander?" Amina asked  waiting for his reply.

"Yes..yes..please just stop" nodding in agreement.

"Good! give him water....I'll be back when you're a bit calmer commander " Amina spoke as she turned and walked away.

The guards did as they were told ,but the whole time he remained chained.

The Queen returned to her quarters to  be alone, but her wish was disrupted when her mother walked in.

"I know you're awake" the Queen's mother spoke with a frown.

"Mother how are you today" Amina spoke as she rose from the bed quickly and gave her mother a smile.

"You refused to come to me..so I came to you" Queen mother stated.

"I'm sorry mother, Actually I was planning to come you see "  standing  infront of the Queen.

"You've changed" Queen mother whispered.

"So have you..but I never stopped loving you or thinking about you" holding her mother's hands.

"You've had your wish my dear,dont You think it's time you grant me mine"the Queen's mother spoke  lifting Her daughter's chin.

"You 'll never stop will you?" Amina moved away.

"You owe me "Queen mother simply said.

Amina walked away bit and peeked through the window and smiled,she turned to the her mother and spoke.

"You know mother you're right...I'll do this..I'll do it for you...because I owe you" walking back to her mother.

" So you 'll do it then?you'll get married then?" The Queen's mother asked waiting for a reply.

"Yes mother...And soon so don't worry" Amina assures her.

"Come " gesturing Amina to come over.

Amina walked to her mother and into her mother's hug but she moved away quickly.

"Mother I don't want any one to see this"pulling away.

"You'll never change" The Queen mother expressed  walking away from the room.

" I'm nothing without you mother"giving her a parting smile.

"I missed the old you" the Queen's mother response.

Amina's PoV.

I couldn't wait for my mother to excuse herself from the room, I've been thinking about what the commander spoke earlier.

It felt good taking out one of his fingers but I can't help but think he knows something and I can't wait to get it out of him.

As for my Mother..I know a very good way to give her what she wants without breaking barriers I've set for myself.

Ohh..how much I've missed you father.

End of Amina's PoV.

At the palace.

"He said something that really bothers me" Amina sat back and relaxed.

"My Queen ...what did you really hear"  Waziri asked.

"In his words 'we've dealt with worse and we will do it again'.." Amina spoke explained looking back at waziri.

"Do you think he has a hand in the king's death" waziri asked waiting for a reply.

"I don't want to believe that,I don't want to believe we've had a rat in our midst...right under our noses" Amina spoke leaning forward.

"Let's make him talk my Queen" waziri suggest .

"I agree waziri ".

Kalla walked in and bowed to the Queen and nods at waziri.

"Kalla!" Amina called out to him.

"I send you to Gobir to deliver a message and you're just coming back" Amina asked lifting an eye brow.

"My Apologies Queen, I had issues on the way...bandits! I was attacked " kalla explained.

"Attacked by bandits?...you kalla...you were one of my father's best " Amina stated staring at him intently while she leaned back.

"I was alone..they out numbered me" kalla explained.

"On important matters...have you delivered my message" Amina asked waiting for his reply.

"Yes My Queen" Kalla replied.

"And..?" Amina adds.

"They've promised to send words across soon..nothing more my Queen" kalla adds.

"Good" Amina spoke.

"We shall wait waziri" Amina adds.

"You're excused kalla" Amina dismissed him.

"Very well your highness " bowed in respect and left the room.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

Hello dear readers...so do you remember "kalla" from chapter one?..
  Yeah!..the king's guard from chapter one!.

Please vote and comment.

Thank you ❤