chapter eighteen

In the Queen's now collection Room.

"The fountain of youth!"Amina stated.

"What?"kalima asked.

"It's a myth right?"Amina asked raising an eye brow.

"You're one crazy girl" kalima simply said.

"Yes kalima because you're always looking strong and fit!" lighting more candles.

"Such nonsense" huging the Queen.

"I'm not dead kalima" backing away from kalima' s hug.

"Why are you dressed like a Man and surrounded by blades?" Kalima asked.

"What do you mean kalima, I always dress like this" Amina replied with a smile.

"Today is your wedding Amina , you should be in a dress" walking a bit closer to Amina.

" I should, but I'm not" Amina stated.

The old lady gave up and thought to change the subject.

"What do you want as your wedding gift dear?" Kalima asked.

"I'll show you" Amina replied with a smile.

"Your mother spoke about -" kalima replied but was cut short by Amina.

"Come kalima...I have something to show you " Amina gestured kalima to follow her.

They both walk out of the room to another and then Amina stopped and turned to kalima with a smile.

"go on" Amina gestured kalima to walk in first.

Kalima walked in without wasting much time and she thought to her self," what a beautiful room" ...

"Do you like it?"

"When will you stop"

"I want you close to me kalima,close to us" Amina stated

"No child,this is not what I want ,your father tried as well and stopped when he realised I don't belong here " kalima explained.

"You asked me what I wanted as a wedding gift, this is what I want kalima"Amina replied staring at her intently.

"Sometimes I forget that you're really the Queen " kalima spoke with a smile.

"Don't change the subject kalima "

"I'm sorry Child but this place is not for me, I'd rather stay at my place it's more peaceful, I don't belong here please!."

"If this is what you want kalima then I'll respect your wish" Amina simply said.

The marriage was Official but brief, Zazzau recieved guests and dignitaries from near and far, the Queen was pleased as this is the kind of relationship that will favour Zazzau in return.

Hours passed and the celebration was over, The Queen attended to her guest and there she could tell the difference, she was respected and recognised as the Queen like she wanted before, her own council Members were pleased by her decision and they proudly stood by thier Queen.

The Queen returned to her quarters after a long day and thought to Rest for the Day but her wish was short lived when she was interrupted by her husband.

"My Queen" Amir mention walking in the room.

The Queen was in lying position but sat herself .

" To what do I owe this visit commander?" Amina asked lifting an eye brow.

Amir was again put in situation, this was a person who has had control of him for years, he feared her in a way, Amir hesitated for while but went on to speak.

"Pardon me my Queen but we've been married hours ago don't you think I have the right to atleast visit you when I want?"

Amina quickly stood and walk over to Amir with for his words shocked her to the core.

"Are you Alright cousin?"touching his forehead but Amir flinched and took a step back.

"Fine if you don't want me to touch you, go on then tell me exactly why you're here!" Amina stated.

Amir frowned but kept quiet, He's trying to control his words not to say Anything regrettable.

"You won't speak, fine then I'll speak for you Amir, I know why you're here!" Amina simply said staring at him.

"And why am I here?" Amir asked.

"We got married today dear cousin it's only natural for you to come here but I'm afriad this is not the type of marriage where you get any pleasures" Amina explained.

"What are you trying prove?" Amir asked knowing this conversation was heading south.

"Nothing" Amina simply replied.

"Why are you doing this to me...to yourself ?" Amir asked.

"Dear cousin I never promised you any pleasure now did I?...look at it this way you're helping me helping Zazzau which in return makes you a good a man ,isn't that what you always wanted?" Amina stated

"To be called an honourable man?" Taunting him.

"that's not what I wanted" Amir replied with a hint of rage in his voice .

"What do you want then?

"I want you" Amir replied

"And you have me, as your Queen ofcourse " Amina replied with a sinister smile.

"Stop changing the subject! You know what I mean" frustrated.

Amina was getting tired by the conversation like wise Amir, the atmosphere quickly changed in seconds with both of them consumed by anger.

"This marriage is nothing but politics, I want to make Zazzau great again and also to calm my mother and you of all should know" Amina explained

"You've always used people just like you're using me!" Amir spat at the Queen.

"I'm not using you Amir, you're my family you're helping me"

"You say I'm your family but you don't treat me like one!"

"The only reason you're still standing there talking to me in that tone is because you saved my life in Daura and I cannot forget that!" Amina furiously replied.

"You want to do to me the same things you did to the commander....hmmm" Amir spoke with a smile.

"If you make me" Amina replied with a cold expression

"We were best friends, family " Amir emphasized as he took a step towards Amina.

"I never forgot" Amina replied.

"Why do you this to us then?" Amir asked with a concerned tone.

"There is no us" Amina corrects

"You should be sorry"

"I will never apologise for my character Amir this discussion is over" Amina replied turning away but was stoped by a grip.

Sensing she was about to turn away,Amir quickly held on to her wrist and stopped her abruptly.

" Amina Let me help you"

Both stared at one another and silence fills the room.

"No one can help me " Amina whispered.

"Let me love you" Amir whispered

"I am not lovable !" Amina replied

"I love you ,why can't you love me back and end this" Amir whispered back.

" To love is to be weak and I am not weak!" Amina replied freeing herself from his grip.

Amir sighed feeling defeated by the situation, this was a person he loved and care for but her ways hurts him the most.

"Leave, please" Amina dismissed him walking to her bed.

And without Another word Amir left the room.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

Please vote and comment, also recommend.
Thank you.