[Ch. 7]

As the weeks went by, Bakugo suddenly got sick and stayed in his dorm during those days. Aizawa and Chiyo kept an eye on him while he tried to recover but Chiyo was afraid Kirishima would try to visit.

He didn't bother....

Kirishima stayed in his dorm room most of the time mainly studying or crying about Bakugo and their relationship.

"Kirishima" A familiar voice calls out from the other side of the door as Kirishima perks up walking over to open his door seeing Fatgum.

"Why-"

"You're my rookie in the future aren't you? I wanted to check up on you. Or well. See if you're okay from recent events"

"You sound like a dad more than a mentor" Kirishima frowns going back into his room with Fatgum shortly following before sitting on his desk. "Why would you even care. Technically I'm still a kid to you until I become a pro"

"Mm. Not really but I can see why you think that way. You still make child like decisions on some cases. But your heart is in the right place. And you think like an adult most times. I've seen how you work from the little time we were together" He says calmly messing with some things on his desk. He soon finds his half of the photo booth strip. "Is this Bakugo?"

Kirishima looks at it frowning but nods as a response. Fatgum frowns a bit setting it down.

"I don't understand love love, I understand friendship type of love. But even that can be extremely confusing" He says calmly rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Just. Kirishima, who knows what the line has for us as a duo in the pro world. But who knows what this game of love has for us as individuals in our own lives."

"Why so serious with me all of a sudden...I don't understand why you'd express all of this all of a sudden?!"

Fatgum frowns not wanting to say the next things but he couldn't keep it from Kirishima.

"Katsuki Bakugo is in the hospital for a more extensive neuro exam than what Recovery Girl could do. He's going to be there until he regains memory of you. But that's the only positive thing I can tell you. His parents advise no one visits except for Aizawa or his future agency mentor Jeanist"

Kirishima felt...defeated..he sat down on his bed thinking of the taking advantage part. He thought of every wrong decision he's made since Bakugo has lost his memory. He suddenly started to cry which turned into balling. Fatgum moves next to him wrapping an arm as comfort.

As the days and nights pass leading to the final number of time apart being six months. Everyone was in the classroom getting ready for the final exam of the year so they were split up in groups.

"So if we were going to split this evenly-" Kirishima was cut off by a loud explosion startling everyone not just him.

"Oh my god" Midoriya hides behind Todoroki as Todoroki stood there confused.

"GUESS WHOS FUCKING BACK YOU FUCKING EXTRAS" Bakugo yells as Aizawa smacks the back of his head.

"Shut up. Go find a group to fucking study with" Aizawa says annoyed before going to his sleeping bag.

Bakugo rolls his eyes scanning the room seeing Kirishima along with all of the BakuSquad. He walks over sitting in between Mina and Kirishima as he takes his notebook out.

"If we study in alternating pairs we can all pass" He says calmly as Mina sighs with a whole lot of relief as Sero and Denki start asking some of the technique relating questions.

Kirishima just watches everything as he sighs with personal relief. He starts to write down some of the things Bakugo was saying as Bakugo watches Kirishima when he told Sero and Denki what they needed. He hands Kirishima his notebook after flipping to the right page for him to copy.

"Huh?"

"That'll help you. Just copy it shitty hair" He gave off a settle smirk before yelling at Denki for describing the wrong technique All Might used before retirement.

After class Kirishima went over to the courtyard with all the cats to see if some with approach him. He sat down on the floor in front of the bench holding a cat toy and some cat treats. He started doing this when Bakugo first left. As Kirishima relaxes playing with a firecracker looking cat he watches it sprint away making Kirishima confused on why but he soon sees a shadow appear in front of him.

"Why are you alone?" Bakugo asks as Kirishima looks up at him before looking back down and shrugging. "Kirishima"

"I do this to stop stressing"

"Hm. You play with the strays. What if one has rabies?"

"Like I care" Kirishima frowns seeing the kitten from the first visit come out from the bush inching closer. "Okay okay. Don't talk"

Bakugo sat down on the bench watching Kirishima hold its hand out to the little blondie watching it climb into his hand struggling to stay on since it got bigger last time they saw each other. Kirishima held the kitten gently petting its head hearing it purr lovingly.

"When did you become a natural with cats"

"Since I've been doing this for six months" Kirishima says somewhat annoyed when he really wasn't.

Bakugo frowns a bit before moving to sit down next to him wanting to pet the kitten as it stared at him. Kirishima sees their exchange before handing off the kitten to Bakugo making him feel vulnerable to the sudden action but the kitten nuzzled and got comfortable in his hands.

"Did you only start doing this because I was gone?"

"Yeah..but it's nice. Even if you were gone or not. It was..just calming in the right moments of stress"

"Kirishima-"

"Do you know?"

Bakugo stops himself before just staring at Kirishima.

"Do you know what I did?"

"...Yes but-"

"I'm sorry for doing that Bakugo, it was wrong of me." Kirishima frowns getting up to go back to the dorms. "I gotta go"

"Shitty hair-"

"Have a nice afternoon Bakugo" Kirishima frowns not wanting to cry for his actions once again so he left.

Bakugo frowns looking down at the kitten again as the kitten gets startled by the sudden water falling on its head making it look up.

"Why did I forget him out of all people...."