🖤chapter 8 - you're unusual🖤

A/N - Above is my brand new montage! It would mean a lot to me if you checked it out, I spent a lot of time on it :) Thank you!

Alrighty, back to the fanfic:

•••••

training had commenced and ajay sat on a bench press for a moment, taking a break, swiping sweat off her forehead and breathing heavily. she gazed over at her partner, practically feeling the saltiness radiating from him pounding his fists against a punching bag in attempts to relieve his stress. she chuckled fondly, shaking her head then repositioned to spot bloodhound behind her throwing a collection of knives at targets in front of them.

she wanted them to make up if they were to work successfully as a team. she knew it wasn't a major argument or anything, but both were equally annoyed with each others actions and their differences would have to be put aside eventually.

getting up with a huff, she swiped her head once more then made her way over to elliott. watching for a moment, she waited for him to stop punching, not wanting to interrupt his relief. once he finally stopped to breathe, sweating profusely, bright red and panting, she tapped his shoulder. he jumped, startled but turned to face her with a sigh.

"hey there. sorry to interrupt but i'm thinking you two should stop acting bitter and apologise to each other." she explained calmly, trying to convince him with a light tone.

"why should i apologise to them?! they literally ambushed me!" he questioned, raising his voice in annoyance.

"hey hey, chill out now. i ain't tryna be no peacekeeper, but we gotta start working together if we want a chance of winning." she expanded, trying to reason with his upset.

"you know what? fine, go get that asshole." he scoffed, taking his shirt jacket off and tossing it to the ground.

"wait 'ere, i won't be long." she informed with a sigh then headed off towards the masked person.

they were still swiftly tossing blade after blade at the target, consistently hitting near the bullseye. she was extremely impressed by their skill but knew working together was so much more important.

"hey bloodhound. say, why don't you come train with us? we stand a greater chance together." she suggested placing a hand on their shoulder.

they dropped their knife to the ground, landing with a loud dinging noise and sighed, turning to face her.

"very well, you are right, friend. although, elliott must learn to focus if we desire a chance at all." they explained, crossing their arms and widening their feet.

"i'm sure something like that won't happen again, he just wasn't expecting you to attack him like that." she replied trying to earn their understanding.

"always expect the unexpected."

and with that, they slipped past ajay and head directly towards the man. she followed closely, rolling her eyes.

elliott was sat on the bench, head in his hands as he continued to catch his breath. bloodhound stood in front of him, clearing their throat to capture his attention.

he looked up exhaustedly, beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. he rolled his eyes in annoyance then dropped his head back to its previous position.

"you are clearly fatigued, i will escort you back to our dormitory." bloodhound insisted clutching at his wrist to wrap his arm around their shoulders, not losing grip.

"ugh, i don't need your help!" he yelled getting to his feet, but stumbling with dizziness as he did so.

"it is evident you require assistance, now allow me." they commanded clutching tighter at his arm, readjusting it around their neck so that elliott was leaning into their side.

"look, i appreciate it but-"

"shut your mouth, elliott! let bloodhound help you." ajay raised her voice in irritation, interrupting his whining.

he sighed in defeat and hung his head once more, dragging his feet along with bloodhound's support as they exited the training centre.

•••••

once arriving at the dorm, ajay opened the door for the two whilst she was on the phone to a pizza delivery service. bloodhound and elliott proceeded after her, the shorter of the two releasing their grip on his wrist and allowing him to take a seat on his bed. they sat beside him and patted his thigh to which he blushed uncontrollably, feeling a shiver down his spine from the touch. he furrowed his brows in confusion but brushed it off.

"mind if i take my shirt off? i'm so fucking hot." he asked tugging at the hem as he waited for an answer.

bloodhound gulped, surprised by the question. they nodded and scooted away from him slightly to give him some space.

as he tugged his shirt upwards, their eyes travelled to his prominent abs, glistening with sweat, unable to break their glance as they watched. he tossed the shirt to the ground and turned to bloodhound with a sigh, before they snapped their head away quickly, shuffling their feet against the carpet. he could have sworn they were watching him. they slowly turned their head back towards elliott's, eyes interlocking for a moment.

"listen up, pizza's coming in about half an hour. chill out whilst i fetch us some drinks." ajay announced with a cheery voice, causing them to break their gaze awkwardly as she headed out of the dorm.

the two were left in silence. elliott cleared his throat feeling a slight tension between them. the weird staring thing they'd both been doing was sitting in the back of his mind, bugging him.

"can i ask.. why do you look at me like that?" he questioned without a thought, immediately regretting it as he slammed his eyes shut.

"like what?" they replied calmly.

"like that- that thing where you just like s-stare at me?" he stuttered nervously, pressing his sweaty palms together.

bloodhound's eyes travelled down to his abs then slowly made their way up to his face. they bit their lip beneath the mask.

"you're unusual." they stated monotonously.

"excuse me?!" he questioned in offence, eyes widening at them.

"i believe you heard me." they replied with a tinge of sass.

"well, i could say the same for you and that weird ass mask." he retaliated scoffing.

"of course i'm unusual. ever seen someone who looks like me?" they responded tutting.

"i- well um- that still doesn't give you the excuse to stare at me!" he grew more and more annoyed with their 'smartassery'.

"well, maybe i could give you a reason for why i believe you are so unusual?" they asked with a sigh, hands beginning to shake slightly.

elliott knitted his brows but nodded hesitantly as he felt a strange sensation in his stomach.

"you are beautiful, elliott. a divine person, with incredible charm." they admitted softly patting his shoulder, then rising to their feet.

elliott's eyes shot open as his heart started pounding, he froze completely. they proceeded to the door, turning back to glance at him one more time, then exiting the room, leaving elliott with a hanging jaw, speechless and wide-eyed in shock.