00 | everest

E P I G R A P H

loosing him was like having a hole shot straight through me, a painful, constant reminder, an absence I could never fill

zero | everest

"Baby, come see this!"

I turned to face my boyfriend; Everest Stone. The pride and joy of the entirety of Moonvale high. You'd be stupid not to love him.

He's got chestnut brown hair and the most intriguing hazel eyes, but most importantly he's kind. He never belittles anyone regardless of his popularity. He tutors people in his spare time whilst maintaining his huge skill for football hence the face he's the quarterback.

My quarterback.

We've been dating since freshman year, we met on the first day and we've been dating since. It's only been a year and a half, but it's been amazing.

"What?" I asked as I walked over to him, my lips spreading into a grin as he laughed loudly, staring down at his phone, his brother and friends surrounding him.

He looked up from his phone, holding it out so I could see the video being displayed on his screen.

It was a video of one of his friends, Easton. He was completely naked, running down a street at night, every inch of his bare body completely on display to the cars driving past.

"Ew," I cringed, causing his friends to erupt into a fit of laughter.

Everest laughed once again, pressing the off button on his phone before sliding it into the back pocket of his denim jeans, wrapping an arm around my waist as he pulled me closer to him.

"Hals, could you get me another beer, please?" he asked, staring down at me with his beautiful eyes.

I nodded, smiling as he kissed my forehead, "I just need to go to the bathroom then I will."

He nodded thanking me as I walked off. I headed over to the tall, marbled staircase before slowly walking up the stairs, stopping at the top as I stared down at the scene in front of me.

The Moonvale Wolves threw a party in celebration of their millionth win this year, though the star was obviously the Everest Stone.

Everest set it all up at his house since his parents are out of town for the next two or three nights which is why I am now at his house, wearing an uncomfortably tight black dress and strappy heels which are cutting off circulation to my feet.

Everest was still downstairs—obviously—his large group of friends mainly consisting of his best friend Easton, he's as you can probably tell, the goof ball of the group. He's always doing dumb yet hilarious stuff to impress his friends.

Then there's Bentley. He's the more quiet, reserved one. He's always there but he doesn't say much he just reacts, though he's probably the nicest of Everest's friends.

Second to last, there's Xavier. The infamous Xavier Jones. Besides Everest's brother, he's with this guy almost all the time, even when I'm there. They're extremely close and they have been since they were eight years old, as he's told me.

Xavier is nice, he really gets his way around when it comes to girls and he always smells like marijuana but he's cool. . .I guess.

Lastly is Holt Stone. Everest's twin brother, not identical twins but fraternal, hence the extreme difference in looks.

Whilst Everest has hazel eyes, Holt has crystal grey eyes, Everest has light brown hair and Holt has jet black hair and pale skin.

If you didn't notice they share the last name, you'd assume there is no relation between them what-so-ever. I remember when I found out they were twins I was shocked.