18 | karma

E P I G R A P H

A smile of heaven with fire in her eyes.
She was an angel but so was the devil.

eighteen | karma

Holt's POV

"I'M THINKING THAT maybe I fell for the wrong brother."

I never thought in a million years that I would hear her utter such meaningful words, words that I've only dreamt of her saying. This has to be a dream, there's no way she wants me. The only people whom want me, are the people I don't want.

God, she's something else. Something amazing, beautiful—she's perfect.

I never thought I'd have the chance to touch her, have my hands touch her perfect soft skin, or have my lips pressed against hers, my tongue exploring her mouth, but here we are, her petite frame pressed against the mattress, me between her legs as I stroked her cheek with my thumb, my other hand holding my weight.

It's like a dream that I never thought in a million years, that I'd ever have. Actually, I frequently dream of her, I've dreamt of taking her completely, and it felt so real—it always does—but all I've done so far is kiss her and even that alone makes me feel more than in my dreams.

All the hundreds of girls I've fucked, they can't even compare the slightest to what I've experienced tonight, and for that I feel like a complete pussy. I'm literally whipped over a kiss with Halo Storm.

But that's just it. She's Halo Storm. There's not a single girl on this earth like her, well not in Moonvale anyway.

"Did I say something wrong?" her soft voice brought me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head, a large grin probably apparent on my lips, "Far from wrong, angel." I murmured, daring to duck my head as I placed a soft kiss on her jaw.

I caught a glimpse of a slight smile flash across her lips, I swear I saw heaven as soon as she did. Though angel or not, there was no doubt about the fire in her eyes, the fire proves she isn't weak—far from it. She is an angel, but then again, so was the devil once.

It was satisfying, feeling her shiver beneath me from a simple peck to her jawline, but I'm not complaining, not the slightest.

"You're beautiful, you know that?"

She bit her lip, her cheeks tainted with crimson as she nodded ever so slightly, she wasn't being vain, though. She was nodding because she didn't know what else to say in response, I believe she does know that she is beautiful, but she's not one to admit it.

"Do you think all my friends think that I am a slut?" she whispered warily, her eyes gleaming with horror.

I rolled my eyes. Her 'friends' are shit. Alix Montgomery, fuck I could list hundreds of fucked up shit I've seen her done, she's completely obsessed with Halo and ruining her life, though it doesn't work. Halo is got too much pride and attitude on her to let that happen.

And Esme, I'm not sure about her. She does seem to care for Halo, but she's friends with someone whom puts down her best friend on a daily basis, and she's been around for the entirety of Zayden and Halo's relationship (or whatever it was) but she didn't ever do anything about it.

I've only been around for two months, and I've been more effective in her life than her groupies have.

"Nah, once you tell them about Zayden and Alix, they'll think she's the slut." I replied honestly.