26 | possessive

E P I G R A P H

She was pure chaos with a touch of disaster and god damn did I love drama.

twenty six | possessive

Holt's POV

I ALWAYS THOUGHT that I knew what it felt like to be in a state of shock.

It's that dreadful feeling you feeling in the pit of your stomach. When it twists, forming a large knot filled with angst and fear. It's when your heart practically bursts out of your ribcage and it feels like you're stuck in a real-life nightmare. Like you're experiencing dream paralysis and there is nothing you can do by stay in the same spot and watch everything play out in front of you, literally.

I have experienced it many times.

One being when my brother died right in front of my own eyes, or when I saw Halo the first time.

But every experience differentiates between each other. This experience feels like I've just seen a ghost.

The experience that I am talking about is the exact moment that Halo storm was hoisted up into the air. She looked at me with such a proud smile, I just wanted to walk over there, put my arms out and let her jump right into them.

I just wanted to grab that fucking perfect face of hers and kiss her with everything within me.

But I didn't. I stood on the sidelines and watched, just like everyone else. And within a split second, I suddenly couldn't see her anymore, she wasn't up there smiling, instead she was face down on the grass, howling in pain as she landed on her arm.

It's a human instinct, to stay still as you analyze the situation. But I couldn't, I heard those painful sounds coming from her mouth and it felt as though I had just stepped through a time warp, three years back when my brother passed, when she clung to my body.

That was the first time I experienced someone experiencing heartbreak. True and genuine, painful, heart-shattering heart break.

And this, this was the first time I experienced someone falling from a two-meter height, landing straight on their arm.

I ran over to her faster than light. I couldn't see clearly, I couldn't hear anymore, other than the rapid beating of my heart in my chest.

Before I knew it, I was kneeled down next to her. She had rolled over at this point, I saw her arm resting on her chest, it was inflamed and bruised. The immediate bruising was enough for me to be able to tell that it was definitely broke.

"It hurts." She groaned.

I sucked my bottom lip between my teeth, placing my hand on her cheek, "It's okay, angel." I hushed.

Halo shook her head, her eyes closed, "H-Holt, get help please." she begged me.

I looked behind me, seeing her pathetic excuse of a cheer team watching in horror, though none of them bothered to get help, they all just whispered and watched like she was a monster, there for pure entertainment.

My angel is not a monster. She's in fucking pain.

"Stop fucking staring and get some help." I barked.

They all jumped in fright before rushing off, though I'm sure a by-stander already alerted the medics, but that's besides the point. Some team they are.

I knew I should have come to the game. Usually I don't, but I had a bad feeling and though that's almost a permanent emotion I experience, this time it was elevated.