25 | crashing

E P I G R A P H

Lately I've been pretending like everything's okay and that everything around me hasn't collapsed. But this morning I woke up and I realised I was the one who collapsed.

twenty five | crashing

IT WAS THE day of the game. The big day where the Moonvale Vipers verse the Riverview Wolves.

It's been a fast and busy week leading up to the game. Teachers have been throwing us assignments left and right since the Christmas break is coming up soon, so I've had no choice but to do all these stupid assignments.

I variate between tables at lunch. Sometimes I sit with Esme, Winter and Malia, other times I sit with Holt, Ace and Mason.

Esme is fine with it. She hasn't met Holt officially yet, but she prefers him a lot over my ex.

It's been nice, though. I've always felt like I've been stuck in a permanent bubble, being tied to specific people and rules. I've always had to sit at a certain table with certain people, more than half of them being people I don't even like.

But I don't have that weight on my shoulders now, I have a good friendship group now. Esme has always been there, but now I have two other girls that I get along with and they aren't fake, I'm still wary though.

I'm a private person and after learning how horrible people can be, I'm extremely cautious.

It's nice having the option to be able to sit with boys too. . .I feel like I click better with the opposing gender.

Ace is still warming up to me, he's rather quiet and secluded. Mason doesn't stop talking and Holt is well. . .Holt.

I don't know what we are. We're sort of stuck in a weird in between. I guess we're just a different type of friends, like Holt said last week.

We haven't kissed since then, or touched at all really, other than the occasional brush of our hands and our thighs touching when we sit next to each other. I'm fine with that though, I just broke up with Zayden a month ago—barely, and I've already easily moved on.

But so I should, I shouldn't restrict myself just because I finally dumped my psychotic ex-boyfriend. They don't know who he really is, so no one other than me, are in the position to judge in any way.

I don't even know what the student body would say or do if they found out Holt and I were together. I know he doesn't care, but unfortunately, we don't share that careless trait, despite how similar we may be sometimes.

I haven't even told Esme yet. I'm just going with the flow. I know everything will happen the way it's supposed to.

Things have been good and easy. I haven't experienced easy before.

I feel accepted, I don't feel restricted.

I'm still doing cheerleading which I am still bearing with but it's okay. Only a few months left and I won't have to cheer ever again, or deal with Alix.

I wish when I had met Everest I wasn't so desperate to maintain and portray this picture perfect image. I loved Ever and I always felt like because he was so popular, I had to match his reputation level, so he convinced me to cheer, I practically wore my hair straight every day because no other girls in my grade had curly hair.

My dad kept trying to tell me I should embrace my curls as they portray my nationality, but it took my hair becoming short and dry, for me to finally stop (it's long and healthy now) but I just wanted to be like everyone else.