08 | sorry

E P I G R A P H

Destroy the fear that causes you to stay,
when you know that you should leave.

eight | sorry

I woke up at six-thirty to my phone beeping from on the floor next to my bed. I picked it up, pressing the snooze button before laying my head back on my pillow but—for once—I couldn't fall back asleep.

My mind was already awake and busy.

The light streamed through the double doors that led to my patio. The light wasn't bright though, it was that nice, early morning lighting. It was light but not too light—it was dim.

I sighed, sliding out of the warm covers on my bed before my feet hit the cold wooden flooring, making me wince as I headed over to the doors.

I placed my hands on each knob before pulling the doors open and stepping outside, my face instantly being hit with a crisp, fresh breeze which was enough to make me shiver.

I breathed in the cold air, my feet feeling like ice-blocks against the tiled flooring on the patio.

I took all of four steps forward before placing both my hands on the white painted wooden railing, closing my eyes for a brief moment as I breathed in deeply through my nose before opening my eyes again and staring up at the early morning sky.

This has to be my favourite moment of the day or night. I love sunrises a lot too—and sunsets, the colours are beautiful and as an artist (if you would even consider me that) I admire the natural blend of colours, the warm tones, the cold tones. This world really is an amazing place.

But nothing beats—in my opinion—the early morning sky. Where it is in that between stage, it is almost light but not quite. It's perfectly in between, the colour is indescribable as it isn't quite blue, but it isn't black either. It's another reason I love autumn because the sun rises earlier, whereas in summer is rises later which only makes me sleep in longer.

I love my sleep and don't get me wrong, I am definitely not a morning person, far from that surprisingly, I just enjoy mornings though I usually sleep through them unless it is a school day.

I just love the freshness of mornings. The chilly air, the frosted grass, that morning smell, you know.

I sighed, whishing I could stay out here all day, draw and stare at the sky with music playing in the background, but unfortunately school is a thing. A horrible thing, and I must attend.

I am nervous enough after missing the first day. It shows horrible leadership and poor commitment to my team, but it was my fault I didn't go so I just need to go to school, make up some lie about why I went home and go to cheer practice, and everything will be fine. Hopefully.

Deciding I should probably get read, I entered my room, leaving the double doors open but pulling the sheer white curtains across to prevent my neighbours from completely seeing me naked when I get changed.

I entered my ensuite, turning the shower onto the hottest possible setting before stripping off my hoodie and sweatpants then untying my hair.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and almost gasped at the horrible person staring back at me. My mascara was smeared under my eyes since I never took it off last night and my curly hair had kinks and bumps in it.

After what felt like forever, I entered the shower but making sure to turn it down slightly, so I don't burn all my skin off.

I shampooed and conditioned my hair, breathing in the apple scent. It smelt delicious. I then lathered my body in vanilla scented body wash, it's my favourite scent in the entire world, it's so addictive.