Determination

(Authors Note: This fanart is made by Rylee! You can find them at https://www.wattpad.com/user/RyleePies. Jevil looks so happy in this picture! I can hear his maniacal laughter just screaming out of this pic! Thank you, and please enjoy the chapter!)

You never understood why other darkners say ignorance is bliss. Isn't it better to know the truth? Even if it isn't pretty?

The coldness of the floor was numbing the side of your body, Your eyes were squinting, tears streaming down your face. The wetness of your own blood was dripping down your legs.

You wish you didn't realize it. You wish that you could just be ignorant again. Anything was better than... This.

You whimper into your legs, shaking uncontrollably.

What were you supposed to do? You didnt like him, you couldn't ever see yourself feeling the same.

Just imagine having to live with him every single day... You two talking over breakfast, having to look in his petrifying gaze all day, having to sleep in the same bad as him...

Having... Kids...

Gagging, rip yourself out of your curled up state, using your arms to balance yourself. You arch your body up hacking and gagging. A metallic taste fills up your destroyed throat as you retched out a crimson liquid. It sprays out all over the floor, leaving specks of its dark red hue on your arms.

The red floods the floor in front of you, leaving a disgusting mess. You flop over to the side heaving in needed oxygen for your overworked lungs. The world was spinning around you, blurring colors. Your body felt as heavy as a rock. You struggled to keep your eyes open.

What would happen if you denied him?

The inked out faces of the darkners in your book echo in your mind, and your hands attempt to grab the hard floor.

His careless strokes painted a picture. A picture filled with a wrathful aura. But you were unable to see what it truly meant. The only bastion of hope you had was that Seam might be spared from it.

If you said no... Were you going to be "scribbled out" too?

...Was that a better fate than the alternative?

You cup your hands to your face. Why did you have to meet him? Why did any of this have to happen?

You remove your hands from your face and stare at them as if they weren't your own.

The only thing you can pray for now is that you're wrong. t you just misread the situation and that Jevil just wanted to be friendly to the new guard...

But why would he call you my guard then?

Your throat tightens up, and you move your body to sit up in case you start hacking out your lungs again. You keep your eyes on your lap, paranoid that if you looked anywhere else you would be face to face with your tormentor.

It really is true, isn't it... Hell, you couldn't even say Jevil had a mere crush on you anymore. The emotions swirling in his eyes have gone far beyond that. It was the look of want. A look of need. A look of... Obsession...