A Violent Promise

(Authors note: Hello, you dirty sinners! Today's fan art is sponsored by, once again, Rylee!! You can find her at www.wattpad.com/user/RyleePies!! Who doesn't love a good red-eyed jevil boi! Anyways, please enjoy the chapter!)

In the blink of an eye, the jester disappears, and the hilt of the punched-in-half scythe hits the floor with a solid thud. It rolls on the black dirt ground and hits the edge of your foot. You raise an eyebrow at the abandoned weapon.

Why would Jevil leave this behind?

It seemed easy enough for him to make his scythes vanish during the show...

"BWA HA HA!! MY GUARD, USE THAT AND DO YOUR STRONGEST---!" The fool's voice echos out. You glance behind you, Jevil is floating around at the other end of the spotlight, watching you with those damned pink eyes...

Oh. So he's actually giving you a weapon to defend yourself with? You look back down at the hilt, he gave you a broken damaged weapon. What you couldn't give me a normal scythe, Jevil?

You reach down to the floor and grasp the handle. The weapon felt solid and had a hefty bit of weight too. It could deal some good blunt damage....

If you're able to hit him. You know that from that stunt he pulled off on stage that hurting him was going to be a herculean task in itself...

Good thing you weren't a stranger to completing such feats.

You turn back at the clown, pointing the weapon at him. "Let's dance."

Jevil's tongue spills out of his mouth, and his eyes point up to the sky. "UEE HE HE!" He laughs, as he cradles his hands close to his chest. "CHAOS CHAOS!! CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!" The jester vanishes, only to appear several feet in front of you. You grit your teeth, holding the hilt horizontally to your body.

"OH." He throws his arms out, sending five spades speeding out. Each of the spades flew at a different angle, one aiming straight at you. You roll forward. The spade flies above you not even coming close to hitting. You jump out of your roll hilt firmly held in your hands. You slash your weapon out at the fool, only for him to vanish the moment before you would have damaged him. You land on your knees skidding on the ground, eyes narrowing even further.

"OH." Utters out of the jester's. you turn to face him just as he launches out another five spades. Considering that only one of these is even close to hitting you... Maybe you could try...

You grab the hilt with both of your hands and hold it over your shoulder, keeping your eyes glued onto the spade aiming straight at you. The moment the jesters magic got close, the hilt shines white. You swing it hitting the spade.

It flings back at Jevil but dissipates inches away from his creepy grin. His face lights up even more pink eyes shimmering with curiosity and excitement."NU-HA!! REFLECTION MAGIC? HA HA. HOW CLEVER, CLEVER!!"

You glare, snarling at the fool, standing back up with the black dirt coating your knees "That look in your eyes..." You rest the hilt back on your shoulder, sprinting at him. "... Pisses me off!"

You ram the hilt into the empty air that the jester once filled. You growl, pulling the broken weapon back close to you.

"HE HE HE! HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU MISS, MISS?" Calls out the fool, right next to your ear. Your hands clench the hilt painfully tight. "Shut up!" You shout as brandish the hilt at him. Your body sways to the side at the power you put into the weapon, but still, your hilt fails to damage the little menace. Your teeth and stomping your foot on the ground, creating a small hole in the dirt.