The Power to Protect

(Authors Note: Sup, bois we back on that regular story train! Last time on our normal story, Jevil forced (Y/N) to eat some fudge and teleported to wherever he was taking them for a date. This chapter is the first part of that date! You can find the artist for this chapters fanart at: @all_spacedout on twitter! I swear this is one of the cutest Jevils I have ever seen. LOOK AT HOW SMALL HE IS! This is a certified Jevil cutie! Anyways, please enjoy the chapter!)

You squint, adjusting your foot in the dirt below you. The peachy colored lamb sitting in front of you trembled and shook, under the might of your gaze, before putting its hooves overs its eyes. Water swished and ebbed beneath the sheep, as your eyes focused on the target ten feet away. The ball in your grasps was soft and squishy, not weighing enough to trigger the target at the normal amount of force a darkner would be packing.

But you... weren't just any normal darkner.

You tighten your grip on the ball, and in a second you chuck its soft form at the target. The wooden painted thing, snaps off entirely from the pure power of your throw, dunking the screaming lamb into the watery abyss below. The jaw of the stands dice shaped owner of the booth drops. "Y-you broke my tank?!" The darkner exclaims, slamming his hand into his cheek.

For a moment, pride swells up in you just seeing how flabbergasted the dice is before a much too familiar arm locks itself with yours. "QUITE STRONG, STRONG, MY WORLD IS!!" Jevil's voice screams out reminding you of why you were here at the carnival in the first place.

The dice darkner blinks at the jester, his confusion growing even more, "J-jevil...? why in heaven's are yo-" You bite down on your tongue as you feel his face nuzzle into your arm. White-hot embarrassment shines on your face, hoping that most darkners don't notice the obvious romantic affection Jevil is giving you.

The darkners eyes widen, nearly bulging out of his square skull. "OH! You two are- Oh, I never thought Jevil would..." The jester in question laughs, digging his cheek further into your arm. "YEP! THIS ONE IS MINE, MINE!" Needles were being poked into your brain. Needles from the idea of Jevil and you actually being something, and the fools insistence on showing it off to everyone that the two of you were.

"But I'm not-!" Jevil tugs at your arm harshly, making you lose your place in your sentence and forcing you to walk away from the tank with him. Your eyes divert to the fool, with a monstrous glare. "I swear to god Jevil if the entire point of this date is to show me off like a trophy..." You growl, baring your teeth at the fool. If this was the idea of taking you out for a good time, you would hate to see what he thinks a bad time is like...

Jevil beams up at you, your anger not phasing him in the slightest. "UEE HEE HEE!! NO, NO! WAY TOO EXCITED EXCITED!!" The clown, leans his form against your walking frame, snuggling and purring with a giggle. "BEING HERE, HERE WITH YOU IN MY ARMS... BWA HA HA!! PINCH ME I MUST BE DREAMING!!!"

His face turns to your arm, pressing his lips against it. It burned like a hot iron skillet. Everything about it was so... so wrong. How affectionate he was being... how everyone stared at the two of you as you went by, how happy he is to... kiss every and any part of you...

He's really pretending the two of you are a couple, isn't he? Your eyes widen, shoving the fool off of you. "J-Jevil!" The fear in your throat was singing its song in your speech. What if he isn't just doing this to show you off to everyone like a trophy? What if he genuinely thinks you two are a thing now?

You couldn't live like that. The jester's presence suffocated you. You couldn't breathe, always worried about the little performer's next move. You couldn't be happy with him. The jester chuckles at you, unaware of the turmoil that was your inner thoughts. "HA HA HA! SURPRISE, SURPRISE, CHAOS, CHAOS!"