The Void Smiles Back at Me

(Authors Note: Back to School Bois! II was a bit sick so this chapter took longer then I thought to complete so sorry for the late update! I'm going to be going back to college soon so hopefully, it won't affect my writing schedule of having a chapter done every two to three weeks. This art piece was done by someone that didn't leave any way for me credit them so it's anonymous until that person tells me what account to credit. Anyways, thanks for reading this stupid little story guys!)

You had only known of the Golden Pain for thirty minutes at most. A brief whimper in the giant cogs of time that keep ticking by. Her fake golden armor and her pompous attitude left the taste of ash inside of your mouth.

Revolting for one dressed as a knight to have that opposite of a chivalrous attitude. But... then Jevil got involved... and you were left with a lot of questions that you weren't sure if you could untangle.

Jevil... He was the second Joker of the castle. A position of entertainment. A fool that acted for the amusement of others and whoever was underneath all of that clunky armor. She had a sour past with him. Was she a bully to him? Maybe she just hated Jevil's shows and didn't like being around him?

Whatever her correlation was to him was it wasn't one that was made of rainbows and sparkles... And these symbols he wrote down just jumbled ideas and theories going on inside of you.

A crown and a diamond... The diamond part was obvious. The Golden Pain couldn't hide her serpent body that gave away her species being a Rudinn of some kind. But the crown...

Royalty...The diamond and the crown, the King of Diamonds... Was she close to him in some way? She was cowardly and rude but it was possible that she could be a close servant or guard of his.

If anything that did give a definite probability of Jevil and her meeting so that would explain how they have butted heads in the past. It was curious why he would even carve these symbols into the ground. Did he write this to taunt her about knowing her true identity?

Also apparently she stole your sword as well? And Jevil knew this somehow? God, that's even ignoring the fact that he almost just kissed you-

Just the thought sent a shiver of disgust down your spine. You had so much to think about and your brain felt like it was ready to split in half! This whole day has been a huge mess... A mess that was only going to pile up more and more as time goes on. Jevil seems to have that effect on your life...

Just as a mess as the giggling fool was currently. The soft laughter coming from the jester's dark purple cheeks with a dreamy loving look saturating his heart eyes, petting the spot where your forehead slammed against his like a cat that refuses to leave your lap. He was admiring the spot like a trophy of some kind. Like you just gave him a gift.

"HA HA...WAY TOO MUCH FUN, FUN..." He muttered, smiling and giggling like a loon being dragged off to the funny farm. You were happy to see that he did heal the gaping wound in his chest during his weird dazed state.

From the lack of blood coming from his forehead, he must have healed his hands as well. The wet red that sunk its teeth into your top wished he would have done it sooner...

You sigh cursing the cruel world you lived in... You pretty much only had this top the only other clothing you really had being old and tattered.

At least... all of this was worth it- You would be getting your daring dragonslayer back at long last! A small smile raises on your face. Yes, there was a big silver lining to this storm cloud.