Code of a False Knight

(Author's Note: Hello my sinning people! I'm back at it again and we have reached 300 pages! I never thought I would get this far yet here I am! This chapters fanart was done by Unpopular Opinion! You can find them at www.quotev.com/MourningCancer! Thank you for drawing me Jevil eating his mountain of cotton candy! The detail in the hands and the face are stealer and I love the swirls in the cotten candy! This looks great!)

You've been lost without your sword, making you feel even more incomplete as a darkner. First, you fail your lightner... then your sword left you... If you didn't make that promise to your lightner about staying alive no matter what even if Frisk died first, you would already have found your place among the dust.

But- seeing it again, it made hope brew inside of you. You almost want to cry seeing that old piece of a sweater wrapped up around its hilt. You didn't think you would feel this joy hit you ever again. It seemed like happiness was fair and few between ever since the jester came into your life. You can feel the corners of your mouth fighting to show off a smile. It's been quite a while since you've ever felt this happy... and in a moment of weakness, you let the corners of your mouth upturn.

Instantly, a shooting pain hits your hand, as claws dig straight inside of your flesh. Your breath hitches in your throat as your smile fades forming into a terrified frown. Jevil. You... you can't believe that you completely forgot that he was here or that he was holding onto your hand. You were so focused on your sword it was like the world around you didn't even exist.

"MY WORLD, YOU SMILE, SMILE BUT NOT FOR ME... WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THE ONE THAT YOU SEE...?" His words were vile seething with jealousy and hatred. The darkness was like the same one you could feel when he was talking about Seam although this one held nothing back, engulphing everything around the two of you in a world of tension.

"SHE IS ONE OF NOTHING OF FLASHYNESS AND SPARKLES..." You gulp, knowing that there is a ticking time bomb piercing your flesh. A ticking time bomb that if not cooled down was going to explode.

You slowly turn your head towards him to see a cheery smile on his face. The kind of smile that didn't reach your eyes, the kind that was forced on because of how pissed you were about something. A sweatdrop falls down your face just looking at him in the eyes. Eyes, that were heavily shaded an amber, and so close to being a red.

You couldn't handle Jevils anger normally but... you could feel protection well up in your soul. If you don't calm him down, who knows what he might do to the darkners here? He could easily start hurting some innocent darkners in his anger and you refused to let that happen.

"Jevil... I was not smiling at that darkner." You state, hoping he doesn't hear the wave in your voice from your own panicked fright. You gulp seeing his eyes narrow at you from just that one part of your answer. If you told him the truth would he even believe you? But could you even come up with a lie that sounded any better? Should you even let him know that that weapon was yours?

You didn't know but you did know that he needed an answer and he needed it quick and you only had one story that you knew you could tell. Your eyes lower to the ground, as you force your face to look as sad as you possibly could. "Remember when we fought, Jevil...? You remember those flashy attacks I managed to pull off?" Your soul is beating out of your chest, as you manage to keep a calm exterior. You can do this. You just have to play with his emotions a bit to get him to actually listen to you.

Jevil tilts his head, raising an eyebrow as he nods at you, clearly unable to tell where you were going with this. "Well... if I could do all of those attacks... why am I considered the healer on my team?" You told him that you were a support unit on that fateful day you met him in the cafeteria and you're surprised that he hasn't questioned you on that before.