Training Day

Ryker: Ok Gasper! I call this one, 'Run For Your Life'!

Xenovia charged after Gasper with Durondal in her hands. A spark of adrenaline flowed through him causing him to sprint away from her, only to trip and fall on his face. Ryker face palmed and mumbled to himself.

Ryker: This is gonna take longer than I thought. Any suggestions on improvement?

Ryker looked over to Koneko who was silently watching.

Koneko: I've got something that may help his agility. Do I have permission?

Ryker: By all means.

Koneko walked over and called Xenovia off of the whimpering Gasper. Koneko kneeled down and showed Gasper something she was holding. Gasper immediately jumped up and booked it away from her. Koneko got up and started following him around. Ryker grinned.

Ryker: Garlic. Smart. Whelp, I'm off. I trust in you to make sure Gasper gets the help he needs without any harm.

Ryker turned around and started to walk off into the woods. Xenovia moved her gaze over to him, puzzled.

Xenovia: And where do you think you're going?

Ryker: I gotta run some errands with Akeno. I'll be back in no time. You won't even notice I'm gone.

She returned her gaze back over to Gasper and Koneko while shrugging her shoulders in the process.

(Time skip)

Issei was making way up the million stairs to the village. Akeno met him half way and guided him answering his questions for him. They both made it up to the top to ring Ryker leaning against the shrine at the entrance. He smiled and pushed himself off.

Ryker: C'mon he don't have all day ya know!

Akeno giggled and walked over next to him. Issei was beginning to put together more questions to ask, but kept them to himself. They all walked over to the main courtyard of the village. Ryker looked down and smiled since he felt his guest's presence. They both looked over at him and then immediately drew their attention to the sky. A giant golden beam had blinded them and grew bigger by the second.

???: So....this is our Red Dragon Emperor that I've been told about.

Ryker rubbed the back of his neck and replied.

Ryker: Yeah, this is the pain in my neck.

Issei pivoted over to him and opened his mouth to yell at him for the comment. He was stopped by the golden beam beginning to show a figure. It was a man in golden and white armor floating down with a halo above his head. The man smiled.

???: I am Michael. Or known as the Chief of the Angels.

A spinechill went down Issei's back. He was frozen in both fear and amazement. Michael touched down on the ground and put his hands to his side. He turned around and walked to the biggest building around the circle. Everyone followed but Issei. It took him a second, but he snapped back into reality and caught up with Akeno. Akeno, Issei, and Michael sat around the table. Ryker, like his normal self, sat against the wall with his arms crossed. He closed his eyes and pretended to not care. Michael looked over to him and sighed. He then began what he came there to do. He held out his hand and another beam of light began to blind them. It dimmed down and disappeared. Replacing that light was a levitating sword. Ryker shot open his eyes and began to jump up.

Michael: Behold, Issei Hyoudou. I present you with this sword. It's name is "Dragonslayer", and it is yours to have.

Ryker grabbed the Angel's arm with a hand and pulled him close to his face.