Love and Hate

Ryker was leaned up against a column along a stone pathway.  He blocked the sun from blinding his eyes as he looked up.  With a sigh he looked back down at the ground and muttered to himself. 

Ryker: Akeno wants to meet out here of all places.  I mean she did basically do my homework for me, but is this really worth it?

He shrugged to himself and looked to his left at something he caught in the corner of his eye.  It was a beautiful and elegant young woman.  He looked away before snapping his head back at the woman's direction once again.  It wasn't just any woman.  It was Akeno.  She had her hair down for the first time since he met her.  She was wearing a red, white, and black blouse with a decently sized silver heart necklace.  She seemed to be a completely different woman than the one he normally knew and seen. 

Akeno: Sorry to keep you waiting!  I hope it wasn't too long. 

Ryker smiled and scratched the back of his neck trying not to make her feel bad about it. 

Ryker: No biggie.  Ain't like I got anything better to do anyways.  You look great by the way. 

Her face turned red as she did her best to look away from him and towards the side. 

Akeno: Thanks...I had to wear something cute for our date. 

Ryker: Well it sure is-.....wait what?

She smiled uncontrollably and started to giggle at his confusion.  It took him a few, but he put two and two together.  He smiled and facepalmed. 

Ryker: If you told me the payment for your help with my homework was a date I could've dressed better ahead of time.

Ryker looked down and pulled on the bottom of his black shirt.  He let it go and looked up to her twisting her body while pulling on one finger. She seemed anxious about the whole idea. 

Akeno: Well I've never officially been on a date. Soooo...I wanted it to be a surprise.

Ryker: Thing is I've never been on one either. 

Akeno put her hand on her chin and began to thing deeply. 

Akeno: Well, think.  What do people normally do when they go on dates?

Ryker looked off to the side and thought as well.  Nothing but mushy romantic lovey dovey stuff popped up in his head forcing him to shake the thoughts away.  He was agreeing to the date, but he wasn't sure if she was wanting to go THAT far along the journey together.  He smiled to himself and looked back at her.  "We'll wing it" he thought.  "What could possibly go wrong?".  Without a word Ryker held his hand out for her to grab ahold of.  She looked down at it surprised at first, but grabbed it and smiled purely.  With that he walked her down the path and to the town to start their little 'date'.

(Time Skip)

Ryker and Akeno's journey involved a lot of visits to many different places. They went looking in stores, grabbing ice cream, trying on hats, and even catching a small movie. They shared laughs through the whole thing making strangers think they were actually together. For a second Ryker thought it too. He'd never felt more whole while walking with her. "Perhaps Devils aren't entirely bad" he thought. At least Akeno wasn't. They were walking to see the next store or activity they could do together. Ryker had his left hand in his pocket as he held his right arm out due to her holding it. He stuck his right thumb in the other pocket as she leaned her head against his shoulder. Her eyes closed as she fully trusted him to guide her safely. Ryker looked down and smiled at her being so peaceful. He had never seen her this relaxed. He looked back out to the path to see something unusual. All of the girls from the ORC were hiding behind a hat cart. They all wore disguises to try and blend in normally. They failed because both Ryker and Akeno noticed them immediately.