PROXIMITY

{BELA}

We land here, in Dubai with Mr. and Mrs. Petkoff acting like a newly married couple, just coming for their first honeymoon.
And we were walking behind them, with a one hand distance between us.

We didn't talk throughout the twelve hours flight.
I made sure I sit on a different seat, at quite an appropriate distance from him.
Yeah! I was avoiding him.
Not because, I had expected him to reciprocate my love but because, I can't act rationally over this situation.
His denial, though not straight went through me like a stab, and I couldn't feel but get disappointed.
I was here, because I wanted to join back work. It was depressing on how I had to stay in the four walls of my mansion, with all prohibitions of the world.

The temperature here was warmer as it was 3 in the afternoon, and so I had my jacket in my hands.
Two Mercedes arrived and the Petkoffs and us got in them.
I noticed he was trying to make some conversation, but then, I didn't try to take any of his attempts as a mixed signals. I was not too rude, but then I wasn't friendly either. I have had enough of these feelings!

"MS's", he tells the driver who bows before him.
I shouldn't be amazed knowing he owns a hotel here too.. because I have worked with him and managed his account.
Insanely rich husband I have!

The Petkoffs went to some other place.
I couldn't thank the god enough!
Just as we arrived at the hotel with again that golden MS's tag on the building, he gets down.
I didn't care though.
As people spotted him, they stood at their respective places. Hundreds of greetings he received and see the attitude, he replied with just a nod.
He grabbed a key from the reception. And we were finally in the lift, that had fifty damn buttons and not to my wonder, my husband presses the 50th button!
I am afraid of heights!

We were standing at two corners of the lift, and that's when a very handsome man, as I should admit comes in the lift and stands between us.
He talks with Mahir briefly, as he saw him after days and all.
And then he turns to me.
Keeping his hand on the wall beside me, at an appreciative distance, he asked me, "Hey beautiful lady!"
I just fake a smile..
"You're probably for the first time here..!?", I smilingly nod.
"Your words seem costlier. By the way, I am Alexander King! You can call me Alex.", He offered me hand to shake.
Now, there was a genuine thing about him. He didn't flirt unnecessarily with his eyes. So I decided to go a bit social.
"I am Bela... and you can't call me Bells.", I chuckled.
He laughed, "Wity and pretty!", he comments.
Just then, the lift door opened, "Oh! That's my floor...but we'll meet soon again...umm...Bells!", he laughed and I smiled back a genuine smile.

After a lot more time, we finally arrive in the suite reserved for him.
As I enter behind Mahir, I see him violently throwing his jacket and watch on the mind. Unfortunately, both missed the target and went on the floor.
Without caring to pick them up, he carelessly goes towards the washroom and slams the door so hard, that it would come off it's hinges.

This man! He's hard to understand...

After damn one hour, and after making me wait for eternity, he came out of the washroom and just in a towel!
This man is going to be a death of me!
I had to ignore him, so I don't lust over him and here he is, helping me in the best possible way.

I see anger written all over his face..
A deep immovable frown sitting there.
I thought I should say something so I know what suddenly happened.
"I'll give you the clothes. Just tell me you need formals or casuals!?", I asked him going towards the bag.
"I can do..", he said angrily and then grabbed a bag keeping it on the bed with all the rage in the world.
"You won't get your casuals in that one.", I sped up as he opened a wrong bag.
I was late as the suitcase was already upside down! Giving him nothing but his vests and boxers. Some of his properly ironed shirts were crumpled along with my ironed dresses too.