CONSPIRING

{BELA}

"Hey! What's this!? T-shirt and jeans!? When do I wear this!?", He whined as I came out of the washroom.
"I am not going to do shopping with a businessman who wears so crisp tuxedos that they can cause cuts in your arms. Mahir, you aren't on for a business deal!", I try to explain.
"Oh! So you want me to wear this!?", He was smirking at me.
"No man! Completely on you. But then I decide whether to go with you or an handsome driver!", I tell him.
He glared at me and muttered something. Eyeing the T-shirt again, he went to the washroom to change.

Today, we both were going for shopping and basically to roam around the city.
Even Christmas was on the way, so we decided to buy gifts for everyone.

He was out in five minutes and believe this man slays terribly!
I could do nothing but wonder on why he just sticks to those formal clothes, when even casuals enhance him to extreme!
I closed my parted mouth, before he can spot anything...

Once we reach 'The Dubai mall', he parked the car in one of the grand parking lot.
As we were coming out, I found him holding my hand. When I raised an eyebrow, he said, "See I don't want to lose you in this freaking mall!", and after this explanation, he literally grabbed my hand, clutching it to his side, like his life depended on it!
I didn't protest much, because I was liking this.

First we went to a shop to buy some gifts for the Petkoffs. Tomorrow they would complete fifty years of marriage.
"We should give them inhalers, or nebulizers..!", He suggested another horrible thing.
"Mahir! It's their wedding anniversary..!", I picked up another specimen of gift.
"That can't change the fact, that they are a oldie couple!"
"As if you'll remain young forever!", I wanted to scream but kept my voice low.

After buying gifts for Petkoffs, we bought a lot of things for others, back in Britain.

Mahir wanted to gift Bruce some good sunglasses, and here we were in a men accessories' shop.
I have personally bought gifts for Marsha, Christina, Bruce, Richard and Alice. Almost everyone. 'Almost' because one was still left. Him.
I saw him engrossed in choosing some reflection free glasses and so I moved aside.

I have never gifted him anything. So it was quite a problem for me, to search something that he would like.
After a long search, I found a gold-platinum plated wrist watch. Among all others, it shined out as if asking me to buy it.
Seeing his color preferences, this one would be perfect.
Because of it's richness, the watch was quite expensive, probably taking away more than half of my salary savings. But then I thought, that for whom I am saving, if not him.

It's vague to just earn and collect!
So I bought the watch and secretly kept it in my hand bag.
Just then, he approached.
"Bela! Where were you!? I told you to not leave my hands!", He said eyeing the male worker at the shop who was attending me!
I shook my head, "Will you stop being so arrogant!? He was just attending me.", I said as we walked out of the shop.

"C'mon let's buy something for you!", He said dragging me to the ladies section.
"Hey! No...I don't want anything..!", I whined but he didn't seemed bothered.
I looked around the shop, to find all kinds of things. Clothes, jwelleries, accessories and even lingeries!
My husband has lost it!

"Try this one...!", He handed me a sky blue full length cotton dress, that had flowery pattern on it.
I knew I had to do so I went to the changing room, not before he verified, the room is safe.
I couldn't help but admire the ways,he would get protective about me.
When I came out, I found him sitting on the counter, smiling at the attendant who was talking to him, as if she has forgotten the world.
The bile of anger rose in me!
Such a hypocrite!