MYSTERY

{BELA}

I woke up with a start when my phone started ringing. I removed the duvet and picked the phone from my side table.
My vision was still blurry and I rubbed my eyes to clear it.
DAD.
The caller ID displayed something what I never expected to witness.
Dad! Dad was calling me!!!

The first instinct was to pick it up, and so I picked up my phone as soon as possible. But as soon as my fingers were about to touch the screen, reality dawned upon me.
NO!
NO WAY!

I switched off the phone immediately and proceeded to get off the bed. At that very moment, a sudden jolt of pain rushed through my hair. And it was horrible!
I felt like I couldn't breath...
I held my head and tried to lessen the pain.

Just then, I noticed an aspirin on the side table, with a glass of water.
Thank God!
I picked it up immediately..and shoved it into my mouth.

In minutes, I felt relief.
When some senses knocked in me, I looked around the suite.
My dress was kept on the vanity chair.
The mess on the couch was cleaned. Actually my shopping bags made that mess.
The curtains were closed and thanks heaven, the light in the room was less.
I looked at my side and found the bed empty.
The sheet was wrinkle-less, suggesting that no one laid there.
I smiled to myself, painfully, probably he isn't back yet!

I got down from the bed taking a deep sigh. And that was when I noticed that I was in his shirt! The same white shirt, I gave him yesterday to wear before he left for his so called 'important conference'.
This means that he did return!!

But what made me ending up in his shirt...
The smell of him, on his shirt was overwhelming yet it was suffocating me now. He probably did stuff with that woman, wearing this same shirt! After all they were long lost sex buddies...
I shook my head to stop thinking about what would cause me pain.
I tried to remember what happened last night but in vain. Last time, I drank and tried to remember things, I ended up having a great headache.
So I stopped myself!

I stood in front of the mirror with his shirt over my loose and tired body.
What hit me hard was the smudged lipstick matte on and around my lips. The pink color was going all over my lips, like a new born painted them, crossing lines all over.
As far as I remember, my matte is a branded one. The one, that could stay un-smudged for more than eighteen hours...
It looked like I have kissed someone hungrily...

Sighing, I went for a shower, and then wore something comfortable.
A shirt and a jeans. But this shirt belonged to me.
I checked the schedule.
We were having a meeting in an hour.

Just as I was ready for the meeting, I heard a knock on the door.
It must be him...
Something clicked in my heart, knowing that he was out early in the morning and I need to take care of him when he returns or so!
But then reality dawned upon me.
Stop it Bela! He is having better people around him, to taken care by.

I opened the door and was simply taken aback!
"Bruce!?", I said shocked.
He was standing there, with a plate of breakfast in his hands.
"Good morning Madam...", He greeted smilingly.
I gave him space to come in, and he entered.
"Bruce!? How come you are here!? Is something wrong!? Where is Mahir!?", I bombarded him with questions.
"Madam.. have your breakfast first. I'll explain you.", He told me.
I picked up the coffee knowing he's stubborn even more than his master...and tasted it. The taste was familiar though..
He stood at the other end of the couch, as he said 'the decorum' states.
"Bruce! C'mon...I am not your arrogant master! Come and sit... you don't have to act like that..!", He chuckled at me and then came and sat across me.
He was very much friendly with me. I would say much like my brother!
I signalled him to tell me and he started.
"Madam...we just found something suspicious yesterday morning and then, we ended up landing here. The threat is now tackled. And I would return after you have your breakfast!"