UNITED

{MAHIR}
My bride stood at the other end of the aisle and I was already a nervous wreck. She was surprised, and I could see that.
Her white gown, embedded with baby pink beads, off shoulder hugged her figure beautifully.
She was wearing white gloves and holding the red roses in her beautiful hands.
Her translucent veil covered her face and she looked beautiful to no ends.

'here comes the sun' was playing as my sun came towards me, to lighten up my mornings.

Bruce walked her down the aisle. It was decided by me, because she looked upon Bruce as her brother and he was safeguarding her like one.
There could be none in that place except him.

They walked slowly towards us, Bela still seemed dazed.
Bruce reached for my hand, and placed hers on mine.
As soon as I grabbed her hand and pulled her up at the altar, she engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug.
I could see tears running down her eyes, and to my horror, I too was about to shed tears.
"Mahir! Thank you...thank you so...!", She said between her sobs.
"Everything's for you!", I couldn't help smiling, "Just because you didn't like our wedding before, here it is! Another one. For you to make memories and be happy!", I kissed her veil covered head.
Just then, i heard the crowd erupting into applaud.
Cheers and happy howls could be heard.
Of course, everyone knew it's a surprise for Bela.

I planned everything on the hospital bed.
Rather much before that, when in Dubai, Bela told me how she despises our wedding.
I wasn't offended for sure, but I wanted to correct my mistake.
This should have been on our wedding anniversary, but then, we met with those unfortunate incidents.
I acted a jerk these days, just so she would be busy in work while I was doing preparations. Especially today, but thank God she forgot.
I hope she forgot..

I was snapped back to present as she removed herself from my embrace.
I took my hand under her veil to wipe her tears. Thank God she applies less make-up.

"It's the time for vows.", We were interrupted by the voice of  Mr. Havisham, the celebrant.
I nodded at him.
And held Bela by her waist.

"Mahir Sehgal, do you take Bela Sehgal as your lawful wedded wife? Do you promise to love and cherish her in sickness and health, for richer for poorer, for better for worse and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, for so long as you both shall live?"
As he ended I turned to her, staring deep in her eyes, "I do!"
I could see her shining eyes, brimming with tears.
Every single moment should be stored deep in her heart and mine too!

"Bela Sehgal, do you take Mahir Sehgal as your lawful wedded husband? Do you promise to love and cherish him in sickness and health, for richer for poorer, for better for worse and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him, for so long as you both shall live?"
Our eyes met again, and in a raspy voice she uttered, "I do!"
I could hear the contentment in her voice.
The happiness behind those tears was what I'll struggle to get for you, forever!

"May we have the rings!?", Mr. Havisham spoke up as Marsha came up with two diamonds encrusted platinum wedding bands.

"MS, as you place the rings on Bela's fingers please repeat after me...", I nodded taking a ring that I personally chose for her.

"I, Mahir Sehgal take Bela Sehgal to be my wife. I promise you love, honor and respect,
to be faithful to you
and forsaking all others,
until death do us part!", I slide the ring in her finger and saw her releasing a breath, that she must have held.