Chapter 21

Author's perspective

The shock was enough to tear the ravenette apart. He cried hard and knelt down broke as he held the reports in his hands. 

Jimin tried to hold his friend and tried to make him stand up but he couldn't get enough strength to stand up again.

He was truly turned into a mess. His eyes flooded with tears because of the fear of losing his mother. The one whom he loved the most in the world.

~~~~

He sat beside his mother who smiled warmly at her son.

"Kookie?" She asked politely as she saw tears in his eyes.

"Mom..." The ravenette whispered and leaned to hug his mother who was lying on the bed.

"What happened to my baby? Hey Jimin did you annoy him again?" She asked the red head jokingly who chuckled through his tears.

"Mom I love you so much" Jungkook dug his head on his mother's lap.

"I love you more, now don't cry" she gently stroked his head and tried to make him feel better.

Jungkook thought that his mother was unaware that she had cancer. He decided not to tell her but she was fully aware of it and she thought that Jungkook was unaware of her problem. Both decided not to tell each other.

Later the doctors called Jungkook and Jimin out because they needed to check his mother. They followed the instructions and went out.

"Jungkook, do you want anything to eat?" Jimin asked as he patted his back.

"No" the ravenette wiped his tears away. 

"Hey Jungkook, doctors said that she had 20% percent chances to get well again. Please be strong for her" 

"Jimin what if I lose her?" Jungkook couldn't keep his tears anymore and he burst out on his friend's shoulder.

Jimin just couldn't tell him anything at the moment. He tried to comfort his friend. 

"You are a strong boy and you need to eat something to be strong okay? Don't lose hope Jungkook I am always with you"

Jimin wiped his tears away and made him sit on the bench. He went out to get something for him to eat.

Jungkook burst out again on the bench outside. He then heard the doctor calling for him and he stood up steadily.

"Yes doctor?!" He asked and wiped his tears from his sleeves.

"I checked your mom's reports and after examining her perfectly, I found that she's in the 2nd stage which is a critical condition. She can either be fine or even worse."

"Please don't say this doctor, please let me know if it can be cured in any way please." Jungkook joined his hands in front of the doctor.

"We can remove the tumour from her body but..."

"But what doctor?" He asked desperately.

"The operation is very costly plus the medication must be proper and they are expensive too"

"H-how much?"

"5 million dollars for the operation plus 20-30 thousand dollars for the every years medication" 

The news was enough itself and now he was even more shocked. He couldn't afford such a cost. He froze at his place after what the doctor said to him.

He watched his mother through the window of her room. He cried harder than ever. He wanted to help his mother but didn't know how? It was driving him insane. 

He heard some yells and he quickly wiped his tears away as he saw Jimin with food. 

"Jungkook? You okay? Did you cry again!?" Jimin asked worriedly and cupped his face. 

Jungkook was silent. He was frozen and the tears still flowed down from his bloodshot eyes. 

Jimin couldn't see him like that. He quickly pulled him into his embrace and stroked his back.

Jungkook's Perspective

I didn't know how to help my mother. I wasn't a good son. I couldn't help her. I didn't want to see her leaving me. I needed to do something for her.

Jimin forced me to say something but I couldn't let him know because if I did then he would definitely try to help me with that even if he couldn't. 

He had already done a lot to me and I couldn't ask for any help. I had to help her alone but I didn't know how? Then suddenly an idea collided with my brain.

I grabbed my phone and called my father.

"Hello, Jungkook my son.. ahh I am glad you called."

"A-appa..." I cried on the phone.

"Jungkookie? You're crying? What happened to you? Tell me my son" 

"Appa come here p-please. I need you" I couldn't control myself and cried hard.

"Don't worry dear I am coming from the first flight, just wait for me" 

"Thanks dad"

I hung up the call and sighed. I had dad as my last hope, though he and mother were not together anymore but I knew he won't say no to help her.

I saw my phone and it was loaded with Taehyung's texts and missed calls. 

I took a long breath and dialed his number. 

"Jungkook?! Jungkook how are you!? Oh god I was so worried about you. Please tell me where are you? Is everything okay?" He panicked on the call and his worried laced voice made me weaker and I burst out again.

"I- I am not fine... T-tae" 

"J-JUNGKOOK?? What happened? Tell me?" He asked more worriedly.

"M-my mom.."

"What happened to her? Is she okay?" 

"She is not okay, she is admitted. When I was coming to meet you, I saw her lying on the bed and I carried her to the hospital and found out that she's not well" 

"Oh my god! Jungkook. Can I come over? Jungkook please don't cry. I am really worried about you. Jungkook, tell me if I can help you in any way. Don't cry please, she'll be alright. Jungkook?" I wanted his hugs so badly but I couldn't get them.

"Tae? Please take care of yourself and I am so sorry for making you so worried. My mother needs me now and I need to be with her. Please wait for me and I will come to meet you soon."

"Jungkook, don't be sorry please. Take care of yourself too. And I will wait for you" 

"Tae..."

"Jungkook..."

"I, I love you so much"

I hung up without waiting for his reply because I was scared of his answer. I needed to tell him that I love him. I felt that he did too but I chose to wait and hear from his mouth.

But at the moment my mother needed me the most and I needed to be by her side.

******

😣 get ready to cry more!

Hope you like it.