Chapter 5

Chase's POV

"It's not funny, Ryder," I said, gritting my teeth. "This is some crazy bullshit. What the fuck am I supposed to tell the guys?"

"Tell us what, Chase?" Miles asked, sitting down on the bench next to us. Great. Just what I need. Miles was an initiated member already and it gave him a sense of brutal security. He had a huge chip on his shoulder and never failed to share it with me. "What'd you do this time?"

"Shut up, Miles," I replied, dipping my taquito into the black salsa on my tray. "It's nothin'."

"Yeah," he said staring intently back at me. "I don't think so. Spill it. You know how it is, we share everything. You do something, you got some kind of problem, it's our problem, too."

Smirking a look at Ryder, I shook my head. "Not yet it isn't.

Besides, I didn't do shit, Miles," I replied. "It's just some dumb ass course I gotta take. Fucking theatre. I was one elective short and theatre is the only class that fit in with my other required coursework."

For a moment Miles was silent. He bit his lip and put his head down, a slight shaking going on. When he glanced back up he burst out laughing. "Son of a bitch, Chase in tights. Fuck this is great! I gotta see this shit."

Fuming I closed my eyes.

"Yo, Chase, where do I purchase my tickets? Fuck, let me know so I can buy some for the whole club. Do you have to wear a tutu? This is some crazy ass shit. I can't fuckin' wait."

"Fuck you, Miles," I whispered venomously.

"What did you just say to me, Dickhead?" he hissed, immediately losing his shit-eating grin.

Bracing for a bad situation, Ryder jumped in between him and me as we both rose from our seats. "Who do you think you are? What? You think your daddy's name can protect you, Chase? You're uninitiated," he sneered, pushing on my chest with his tattooed hands.

"and in case you ain't noticed, Fuckhead, your daddy's dead."

Without thought I reacted. Swinging my fist back I moved forward to connect it with Miles' jaw but Ryder grabbed me by the arms and pulled me backwards. Likewise, Miles' friend Sergio restrained him as well. "It ain't worth it, Chase," Ryder whispered in my ear.

"Stay the fuck away from me, Miles," I warned him, shoving Ryder back.

"Oh no, Chase," Miles retorted. "You best stay far away from me, ass wipe. Otherwise, we might have some words you ain't gonna like."

"Bring it, Miles," I taunted him as Ryder pulled me from the room. "Bring it."

"Are you nuts, Chase?" Ryder asked me as we rounded the hallway corner. Letting me go, he bent over to touch his hands to his knees and catch his breath. "Why'd you start with him like that? You know how he is."

"Fuck him, Ryder," I replied disgusted. "He started with me. Fuck him."

"Yeah, whatever," Ryder answered shaking his head at me. "You know he's right. He's initiated. You're not. You gotta get it together."

"Whatever," I countered before punching the locker next to me and ditching him in his place.

Time to get to theatre class.

Joy of all joys.