Chapter 11

"Haverford, sir," Jones' assistant informed him. "It's a small suburb outside of Philadelphia located in Pennsylvania."

"Is it a far drive from Center City?" Jones asked.

Shaking his head, his assistant pursed his lips and replied. "Nah, half hour drive at the most, depending on traffic."

"Good," Jones replied. "Get Jimmy on the line for me. He's in the union out there and he owes me a favor."

"Ok, boss," his assistant replied. "Be right back as soon as we reach him."

Jones twisted in his seat and looked out the bay window, clicking the switch on his kid's fidget cube back and forth. Looking down at it, he smiled and shook his head. The things they have today. Used to be you couldn't sit still you'd get a swift crack. Straightened most kids right out. Today, however, things had changed. Now-a-days they had all kinds of alternative ways to get kids to do what they're supposed to.

Not missing the old ways one bit, absently rubbing the spot on his ribs where an old nun had cracked a yard stick against him, he sighed and stood from his seat and tossed the cube on top of his safe.

Moving forward to unlock it, Jones typed its code and turned the wheel to green. Opening it up, Jones retrieved his piece, checked that it was loaded and made sure the safety was on before holstering it on his hip.