Chapter 4

"I've discovered a seventh sector." Cam casually stated at breakfast. It was sevearl days after their last trip to Lyoko. During that time, Cam and Emi had been working on fixing the materialztion program and figuring out her visions. Alexei, Kya, and Lynn retraced Emi's steps the day she found the Hertiage. They went to te Herigmate several times to search. So far they'd found nothing interesting.

"Are we going to explore it?" Alexei asked, earger to return to Lyoko. "We still have to check out the other two as well."

Cam nodded, "Since we haven't been to this one, we'll go there first."

"How will we get there?" Kya took a bite of her apple. "We needed a portal for the island sector and an orb to transport us to the fifth sector."

"I've already looked into that." Cam explained. "Emi's had her keys back for a while now, yet we've haven't been able to figure out how to use them. So far, they've allowed us to 'complete' the materalztion program and bring Emi to earth. I think the keys triggered something on Lyoko to reveal that portal."

"Like a defense mechaicm?" Kya asked, as she thought back to what they'd learned about adaptions in biology class.

Lynn pointed his spoon at Cam. "You think the keys reacted to Emi being in danger from Xana's monsters? So the portal was opened, allowing her to espace?"

"Bingo." Cam nodded. "My other theory is that Xana forced Emi into the portal for some reason. Than transported her to sector five trap her and try and steal her keys."

"Maybe Xana doesn't have access to the Island sector unless Emi goes through first." Alexei thought aloud. "It is a new sector, which means there might be more hidden keys. Xana was after them before. He probably hasn't given up on them. Hince, forcing Emi into a new sector and trapping her in another. Everything always goes back to those keys."

"Did he just say something smart?" Kya asked, as she glanced between Lynn and Cam's shocked expression. "And it make sense?"

"What?" Alexei asked, having missed the total shock he'd give his friends.

"Alexei's theroy isn't bad." Cam acknowledged his best friend's theroy. "In any case, I've found a way in. All we need to do is get Emi to the portal's loaction and she'll allow us to enter."

"Along with Xana." Lynn pointed out. "Let's not forget that once Emi opens the portal. Xana can send monsters in."

"She'll be fine. We'll be there to protect her." Alexei made a muslce, to show he'd been working out. "It's also a good chance to test out the finished vechiles."

"Let's meet at the manison after school." Cam ingored Alexei to continue the conversation. "I've already told Emi."

Everyone, but Kya, was execited to go back to Lyoko.

"I can't go today." Kya poked her food with her fork. "My old coach is coming to watch me practice today. He'll be able to provide feedback I need bfeore the next competition."

"Don't worry, Kya." Cam reasurred her. "We'll go without you, join us when you can."

***********************************************************************************************

Emi's POV:

"Final lap!" Jim shouted. He stood by the esge of the feild recording our times as we fnished the final lap.

"Can't...run...any...more." Wave paused to catch her breath. Sweat poured down her face and neck. "G...go on without me." Overdramatic as usual. Her least favorite class is gym. Why? Because of the sweating. SOmething about it makes her hair fuzzy.