Chapter 9

Kya POV:

"Cam, get us out of here!" My sheilds shimmered from the lasers' empact. Mantas circled back around for another attack. Lynn took out those to far for Alexei's sais to reach. Emi stood inbetween the three of us. Our first offical trip to Sector 5 was mostly unevenful. The occsioanal creeper appeared, but no Scpozia. Xana didn't attack in full foce until Emi accessed the interface.

"Do they ever stop!?" Alexei grunted as a laser slammed into his shoulder. "Manats are worst than hornets!"

"Now you know how I feel." Unlike Alexei, I'm use to my disadavnage against flying monsters. Hornets usually fly to high for my skates to reach. Manats are no different. Not to menion the platform's to narrow for my fighting style.

"Three vechiles coming right up." Cam stated as two cyberbikes and a cyberjet matalaized. "Head for the tunnel."

Deactivating my sheild, I hopped onto the cyberjet followed by Emi. Lynn covered Alexei's retreate before going to his own cyberbike. Together, we headed for the access tunnel. More mantas emerged from the walls to presure us. Lasers rained down, forcing me to use my shields when dodging wouldn't work. The guys continued to protect us, while I focused on getting myself and Emi through the tunnel.

"Kya, watch out!" Emi's warning came to late. A laser knocked me off the cyberjet. Emi grabbed the controls to avoid another laser.

"Hey butterfeet." Alexei teased when he caught me. "Going my way?"

"Just drive." Rolling my eyes, I gripped Alexei's waist. He shot off, catching up to Emi and Lynn. We exited the tunnel into the deseret Sector. Cam directed us to the Way tower. Once Emi was inside, he manully devitriazaled us.

The cold felt of metal against skin, singaled my return to earth. Steam whooshed out of the scanner's open door. My body uncurled to slowly exit the scanner. The two other scanners opened to reveal Alexei and Lynn. They stepped out of their scanners to wait with me by the elevator. Moments later, Emi was the last to return. Safely back from Lyoko, the four of us made our way to the lab.

"Congrats on your first mission to Sector 5." Cam greeted. "With this data, we'll be a step closer to debugging the materization program."

"Great, now only a few dozen more trips." Alexei rolled his eyes. "We need a better way to counter those manta. Lynn's the only one effective against them."

"If the vechiles at least had sheilds, that'd help alot." I stated, thinking of our preovious battles.

Cam shrugged, "I'll put that on the list, along with the upteen other things that have to be done."

"We'll be able to use the data from Sector 5 to debug the materialzation program." Emi happily smiled. "There might even be other uses for it."

"About that." Cam sighed. "Emi only got a partial amount of data. While it will help once it's been analyazed, it's not enough to be very useful."

"In other words another trip to Sector 5." Lynn said with mock ensthuasim. "After school?"

Cam nodded, "Yup. The sooner we get the data, the closer we'll be to debugging the materiazlation program."

Good thing I don't have pratice tomorrow. With the competition drawing closer, I can't afford to miss pratice. Espcially, now that Lilie has combined mine and Mara's sessions together. Lilie says it'll help both of us to improve by 'working together' and watching each other. The only thing it's caused is a waste of time.

"Let's table this for now. It's an hour after lights out." I pointed to my watch. "I'll be able to sneak in just fine, but I'm not sure about Lynn."