Chapter 8

Lynn's POV:

We landed in the desest sector in front of a Way Tower. "No sign of Xana." I scanned the area for monsters. Xana likes to switch things up, keeping us on our toes. Sometimes monsters will attack the moment we're virtized. Other times, they'll ambush us. Now might be one of those times.

"Don't let your guard down." Kya ordered. "We might have the advantage now, but it won't take long for Xana to realize we're on Lyoko."

"Than let's get moving!" Alexei began running in a random direaction. Implusive as usual.

"Do you even know where to go?" I called to him.

Alexei came to a stop. "Oh right." He looked upward. "How about some directions and a ride, Kya?"

"Get to the edge of the sector. She's been pinned down by kranlets." There was a short pause. "Cam still hasn't taught me how to bring up the vechiles. Looks like your going on foot."

***********************************************************************************************

"For the last time Mara. I haven't seen Alexei since our last class." Cam said for the fifth time. He tried to step around Mara, only to have her block him. "I don't have time for this Mara!" It would be just his luck that Mara cornered him outside of the library. He made a mental note to be less predictable. Everyone in their grade knew Cam could be found in the library when he wasn't with his friends. So Mara finding him wasn't that surpising. She'd found him there before. However, those times didn't involve a Xana attack.

Narrowing her eyes at Cam, Mara crossed her arms. "If I stick with you, I'll run into Alexei eventually." There wasn't play practice today, which lowered her chances of seeing Alexei. She convinced Alexei to aduince for the play in hopes of spending more time with him. Sly Alexei signed up for stage crew instead of aduincing. Not what she'd planned, but she still got to see him during pratice, since he was to busy any other time.

"We're not glued to the hip Mara." Cam groaned. "Alexei has his own hobbies and other friends. I see him even less than you do."

Mara rolled her eyes. "Like I'd believe that."

Cam shook his head. The one time he isn't lying to her and she doesn't believe him. "I'm sure you've noticed our 'group' has been spending time together less often lately." After materializing Emi, the groups' indiviual schudles had grown increasingly busy. Lynn was leaving school almost every afternoon to meet with AD. Kya's practices have increased. Alexei's helping with the play. While Emi's been adjusting to her new life and attending a different school. Cam, himself, has been working on everything from debugging the materializion program to completing the vechiles. With the discovery of three additional sectors, he's been trying to gather data on them. Not to mention updating the sub-hacking progams. The improved Locator program has been the only thing he's managed to check off his to due list.

"Doesn't matter." Mara smirked. "He'll show up at some point."

So talking to her isn't going to work. Time for plan B. "Fine, follow me." Cam shrugged, pretending to not care. "Alexei will love that your stalking, instead of studying." He readjusted his bag on his shoulder. "Guess he won't be going shopping with you. Since, you'll be taking review classes with Mr. Z if you fail the next test."

Mara's eyes went wide. "Not fair!" 

Cam smirked. "How's that unfair? Mr. Z announced to the entire class that any one who fails the next test will be spending their Saturdays reviewing with him." 

Mara's habit of not studying was no serect. If Ally wasn't nagging her to do her homework, Mara tried to push the work onto others. As a result, her grades were 'passable'. "You know Mr. Z has a no fail poicly. He's only trying to help his students." Cam added.