Chapter 7

Kya's POV:

"Stop playing around Alexei!" I chased my idoit friend around the quad. "Give it back! I haven't read it yet!" Earlier that morning, I recived another package of comics from my brothers. Alexei saw me reading one of them before classes this morning and has been bugging me all day to borrow them. Can't I enjoy them for one day before he asks to borrow them?

"Aww come on, Ky. You don't even like this series that much." Alexei ducked behind a tree. "I've been waiting months for this issue. It's the final one for this arc! Let me read it, I promise to give it back." He sprinted away the moment I rounded the tree. "Remember sharing is caring!"

"Not when it comes to you!" Finally, I had tim trapped. Alexei stood in front of a bench. If I can get close enough, I can snatch the comic back. "This is why I don't let you borrow my stufd. You keep taking it without asking!" I leapt forward, intending to grab my comic. Alexei was one step ahead. He jumped over the bench to the other side.

"Alexei!" I lost my footing and topicaled onto the bench. "Not funny."

Alexei didn't hide his snircking. "Lighten up, Kya."

Before I lanuch myself at the annoyance, Lynn snuck up behind me and wrapped both arms around my waist. "Ms. Tiya won't write us that letter of remmonandtion for Emi if you send her only son to the hopsital." That was enough to stop me from tackling Alexei.

"Yeah, Kya." Alexei struck his touge out and waved the comic trumpihly. "Thanks for the comic!"

Lynn shot Alexei a glare that wiped the smirk from his face. "Oh no you don't. Give Kya her comic, before I tell Mara what you were really doing last night."

Alexei face turned pale. "You wouldn't. You don't even like talking to them."

Lynn held his hand out for my comic. "Wanna bet? I have no problem ratting you out to the enemy if it means helping my best friend."

Defeated, Alexei handed over the comic. From behind Lynn, I struck my touge out to taunt Alexei. "Cut it, Kya." Dang, how does he do that? He seems to know what I'll do before I do it sometimes. "I know what your thinking and no. I can read you, because we're best friends." He placed the comic in my hands, before affectionly patting my head.

"So this is what you guys do when I'm not around." Emi's voice startled us. She causaly leaned against the tree Alexei hide behind earlier. "Why do you guys always give me that look? Still not use to me being on earth?"

I shook my head. "That's not it. We're suprised to see you here."

"Why? I visit all the time." She stepped away from the tree to move towards us.

"Yeah, but not during the school day." Lynn pointed out.

"How'd you leave Kadic without getting in trouble?" Alexei's mood did a one-eighty with Emi's appearence. He seemed to have calmed down and almost normal.

"Mrs. Hertz gave back out science test yesturday. I was the only one to get a hurdred on this one and the preouvis one." Emi proudly decleared. "She annouced yesturday she was gonna do review classes for the next few days. I got a hurderd on both tests, she said I could use her classes for the next few days as a study peroid, since it'd be pointless for me to sit through a review class. Instead of a study period today, I asked if I could go back into the forest to look for more plants to draw and catorgorize."

Alexei snorted, "Why do that? You could've used the time to watch a movie or take a nap."

I gave him a light shove. "Not everyone's as movie or sleep opssisted as you. Speaking of, if you'd stop watching movies all night, you might actually get enough sleep for once."