Chapter 11

"Emi we have to leave, now. Calex can't find me here!" Wave grabbed Emi's hand, pulling her behind some bushes. She shushed her confused friend as Calex's voice drew closer.

Did you find anything over there? Calex's voice echoed from the spot Wave and Emi had just been.

Nope. Even if a window was open, we can't see the floor. Who knows what we'd land on. The second voice belonged to Kya. Wave remembered her from the times Kya and some guys visited Emi at Kadic.

"We have to leave before they come over here." Wave whisphered to Emi. She wanted to see her brother, but couldn't risk being discovered just yet. Calex new Wave had changed schools but not that she'd transfered to Kadic.

Wave motioned for Emi to follow behind, when she stepped on a branch. The sound echoed in the silent forest, gaining Calex and Kya's attention. Someone there? Calex asked.

Hi there... Emi stood to ancounce her presence. Kya, hi? She gestured for Wave to leave. Emi distracted Calex and Kya from Wave's retreat.

"Emi? What're you doing here?" Kya asked with fake surprise. She needed to make it seem as natural as possible that Emi being there was unexpected. Which it was for this time of day. The Defenders had planned to meet in the evening to explore Sector 5.

"My friend wanted to explore the forest since she's also new to Kadic." Emi explained, leaving out the friend's name. "We got separated on the way here. How about you Kya?"

"Same as you. My friend Calex." Kya gestured to the male next to her. "wanted to show me the abandon mansion he found in the forest."

"Great!" Calex smiled. "Two more people means more heads to help finger out how to get inside the mansion."

Kya and Emi shared a looked. Allowing Calex or anyone else to get inside wasn't an option. They had enough to deal with without having to explain the supercomputer and Xana to anyone.

"But first, we should look for your friend." Calex said to Emi. "Where did you two get separated?"

Before Emi could answer, Calex's cell rang.

"Hey sis." Calex answered. "How are things back home?"

Emi wondered if Wave had gotten away before making phone call. Unless he had another sister they didn't know about. But the timing was to convent for it to be someone other than Wave.

"Now? Can't it wait?" Calex sighed. "Yeah, I know how much music means to you." Another pause. "Yes, I'm heading back to the dorms now."

"I didn't know you had a sister." Kya asked once Calex hung up.

"She's my stepsister, my mom got remarried awhile ago." Calex showed them a photo of a girl there age who had dyed orange hair styled in two buns. She were a goofy smile and handphones around her neck. "That's Waverly, my little sister. She prefers to be called Wave and is a year younger than you."

"I haven't seen her around Kanna. You should invite her to hang out sometime." Kya suggested.

Calex shook his head. "She's back home in the states with our parents. I'm the only one who transferred."

No wonder Wave freaked out, he doesn't know she's attending Kadic. Emi thought to herself. What was Wave planning? She'd have to grill her friend when she got back to the dorms.

"Don't feel to bad being apart. Cam and I are also away from our siblings." Kya thought back to her own brothers. The annoyance often aruged among each other, while Kya remained netural. As a result, she was the voice of reason and tie breaker among the siblings. "We love them, but a break is needed at times."