21. The Answer is in the Music

HI!!! So, I'm going for Wattys, you all know this, right? :D I want best title so if you could go the link that I'm going to leave in the comment field and nominate me, I'd be so grateful. We have 16 chapters left and I'm going to upload them EVERY three days, okay? Like I'm going to write these chapters out so fast so I can meet deadline. SO ALWAYS ALWAYS VOTE ON EACH CHAPTER. PLEASEEEEEEEEE and COMMENT. I LOVE YOU ALL. Your comments make my life, truly :D Thank you so very much <3 Stay STD free :)

I woke up to the sound of Kreayshawn’s Gucci, Gucci. Yeah, not so great since my head was pounding. “Argh, fuckballs, kill me!” I rolled out of bed and headed for the shower. For one, hangovers were opposite of cool. Two, my mother was going to kill me if she saw me, and third, I have to go to school with this headache. My life was officially over. I think I’m going to die.

“Hannah, hurry or we will be late!” Maggie yelled. I threw a shirt over my head and glared at her.

“Can you talk any louder?”

“Did you shower?” Maggie wrinkled her nose.

I sighed. Crapsauce, I didn’t shower. What was wrong with me? “Can you get me some Tylenol from downstairs, please?”

Maggie narrowed her eyes at me. “You’re hung-over, aren’t you?”

I blushed. “Just go get the Tylenol, okay?” I hopped into the shower.

Why was she trying to be all observant and nosy today? Like…I hate when people do that crap. ‘Oh, look at me, I’m all observant, I know your secrets, I got you bitch!’ Seriously, no, you’re not cool, get out of my life. My head hurts and I don’t care what anyone has to say. In fact, I’m never drinking again, it’s opposite of cool. Well, it’s cool in the moment, but afterwards it’s not so cool when the world started to swirl and whispers became shouts. It was not cool when your head was throbbing and you could still remember how it felt when you threw up all of your intestines on the sidewalk.

Stepping out of the shower, I blindly reached my hand out to receive the pills Maggie handed to me as I wrapped my towel around myself. “Thanks my apprentice.” I ruffled her hair with my damp hand and she rolled her eyes and disappeared.

Man, I’m good. I spent a week with her so far and she’s already a better person. Who was amazing, pfft, me? I smiled. I dressed in simple skinny jeans and a shirt that said: Love is for Losers. What could be more amazing about this shirt?

My mom stared at me as I walked downstairs and I stood by the bottom step, waiting for her to gain the courage to speak to me. She opened her mouth and then closed it. She’s about to say something. She shifted on her feet and then sighed. She’s so close to saying it now. She wrung her hands. She’s so going to say it now.

“Hannah, I want our relationship to be better. I promise to try, Hans, just give me a chance, please.” Her eyes brewed with tears and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

The thing about my mother was that she was so sensitive, but then she was disgusting on her own time. Does she cry when men sleep with her and then ditch her? Does she cry when she gets knocked up by men she isn’t married to? I didn’t understand her. But every time we got in a fight or something, she wanted to cry. She was crazy.

“Okay, I’ll try,” I whispered. “Oh, mom?”

“Yes?” She gave me a tiny smile.

“I’m sorry about the things I said yesterday, I really didn’t mean them.”

“It’s okay, Hannah.”

“No, I mean it.”

She covered my hand with hers. “I know, it’s okay.”