24. Oh, Mickey, You So Fine

Hey hey! Guys..... COME ON you must ALWAYS VOTEEEEE PLEASEEEEE :D And I've gotten less comments. I miss you all and your STD lovin' ha I have 13 chapters left :) Love me until the end aha I'm sad for it's almost going to end. Ah it's like crazy. I want it to go forever LOL I have a really funny story planned after this one though, my cray mind never ceases to amaze me. Stay with me and stay STD free <3

There are many things in my life that I am not particularly proud of, and the main one right now would be how I failed at noticing the signs of Lucas not being my full brother. It didn’t help that this made my mother look like an even bigger slut, and it didn’t help that I just turned my back on everyone, but what could I do? Who did I know that found out their whole life was a lie? Not only that but seriously? Someone sent me a crazy text message last night too. It could either be Christina and I wouldn’t put it past Porter for I haven’t seen him in a while and it kind of scares me.

My life was spiraling out of control right now. There was no one in my family to trust, and it’s starting to get ridiculously…normal. I sighed and adjusted my sweater before walking into the school. Omunique left me at the front of the school to be with her other friends. Doesn’t bother me, for I really want to be alone anyways. No one paid me any mind except for some waves here and there, and a few smiles. Morgan glared at me and I rolled my eyes. She really needed to get over the fact that I punched her.

I am proud of myself for one thing. I’m proud of myself for not getting into detention in a while. Loren Samuels walked down the hall, waving at me and I waved back. He was so cool. A tall and beautiful Mexican girl bounded up to him in her cheerleading uniform. Loren pointed at her and I frowned. He sighed and pointed harder, and then I got it.

That was Mickey. I nodded at him and walked up to them. “Hi, Mickey, I’m Hannah.” I smiled.

She turned to me, her brown eyes bright. “Oh, Christina hates you. I can see why.” She giggled.

“Why?” I cocked my head to the side.

“You’re pretty, very pretty and she hates pretty girls, they threaten her. She hates me too, but that’s okay. Are you going to try out for the cheer squad? We are holding auditions today.” She laid a hand on my shoulder.

Crap, I was going to have to be a cheerleader to get information out of her and then I’d fake an injury or something. “Yeah, that’s why I came by, to ask you what time it was.” I’ve gotten so good at lying, it’s crazy. Loren laughed into his hand. I glared at him.

“Cool! I’ll put in a good word for you. I hope you make the team. Bye!” She waved and ran down the hall to catch up with her other cheer friends.

I flared my nostrils. I think next I’ll throw myself off of a cliff to get some information soon. The life of a journalist, it’s so hard. Loren finally stopped laughing and looked up at me.

“So, have you ever had cheer training or anything of the sort?” he asked me, his voice light and teasing.

I frowned. “No, Loren, I haven’t. I’m just going to wing it, like I do most things. Do me a favor? When the whole school realizes that I really am in fact an actual loser, stay my friend, okay?” I patted his arm and walked away to the sound of his booming laughter.

~.~

Bruter was going on and on about inequalities and I was simply annoyed. For one, he was a part of the whole scheme of trouble in my family. If he hadn’t of knocked my mom up, I probably wouldn’t be in this position in the first place. Maybe I wouldn’t have found out Lucas wasn’t my full brother until— Wait a minute? My mom told Bruter that Lucas wasn’t my full brother before she even uttered the words to me. My face went up in flames and I clutched my hands into fists. The bell rang and everyone scrambled out of the classroom for lunch while I sat, fuming with this new realization.