22. Tunnel of Love

HEY. OMG 15 Chapters left aha :D They may start getting longer. Hope that's okay. Don't forge to nominate me for Best Title award. I will leave the link at the bottom :D ALSO YOU MUST VOTE VOTE VOTE Ha :D If you didn't last chapter, go back and do so and leave one here. I also ADORE your comments. You are all the best. Stay STD free and enjoy this chapter <3

Carnivals looked all cool and awesome on TV. I think everything looks cool and awesome on TV, but hey, whatever. My point was that carnivals weren’t really big balls of fun. In all honesty, it depended on who showed up. Kids from all the neighboring high schools usually ran the booths. For the past few years, I heard that student council and Key Club students were running them. That’s what I meant about it depending on who showed up. No one wanted to go to a kissing booth and kiss the school drooler or anything.

But this year…I think everyone wanted to live through their younger days all over again because there were tons of high schoolers walking around. I spotted Anna and Ashley giggling by the Ferris Wheel. Christina and her clique were flirting with the face painters. Omunique was too busy buying herself a fried Twinkie. I even saw Ryder by the Carousel. This was going to be a carnival to remember and I was seriously excited.

“This is so lame, can I go home? I could play Call of Duty or something,” Lucas whined. I rolled my eyes. He was such a baby and a big one too. Why couldn’t he just sit back and enjoy the carnival? Why couldn’t he be really chill and quiet?

“No, you are here to find a lover.” I pinched his arm.

“Ow! That’s what malls are for, Hans, to spot people to—”

“Get Chlamydia from, that’s what malls are for. Who finds the love of their life at the mall?” I crossed my arms.

“Who finds the love of their life at a carnival? In fact, who says love of their life? ‘Oh, I found the love of my life at a carnival.’ Goodbye to EHarmony, hello carnivals.” He snorted.

I narrowed my eyes at him and then smacked him in the back of the head. “Shut up!”

“God, I’m so sick of you hitting me. Finish your article, please! I am dying for you to go to college!”

“Whatever, you’d be hopeless without me, don’t be stupid.” I winked. He shoved me and Winston laughed.

Maggie and Alden were holding hands and giggling back and forth. They were the cutest thing to ever exist and it constantly kept a smile on my face to see them so happy. Winston kept making jokes about them, and I think he was being a typical brother that cared about his sister, but didn’t know how else to show it except by being mean. Brothers these days.

“Can we start hitting some attractions—I want to have something to remember?” Maggie rested her hands on her hips. I laughed. The girl was so demanding.

I led the way to the Tea Cups—one of my all-time favorites for it separated the men from the babies. I had a feeling Alden would stay calm, Lucas would talk a lot of mess and then scream like a baby, and Winston would just hurl afterwards. I’m usually pretty good at figuring out how people react on rides and things, so I’d bet money on this.

“You guys ready for this?” I smiled.

Lucas rolled his eyes. “Just get on the stupid ride— it’s freaking Tea Cups for God’s sake!” He stomped inside of the empty tea cup and crossed his arms.

I chuckled into my hand and took a seat across from him, watching as Winston slid in next to me and Alden and Maggie filled up the rest of the tea cup. I smiled at Lucas from across the cup and he glared at me. I am just waiting for him to start crying like a little baby once this starts to pick up speed. Oh man, I can see it now.