Chapter 2

Finally, Future Rogue and the dragons were defeated. Natsu was processing Future Rogue's final words.

"Lucy?" He was startled when the beautiful blond ran up to him and hugged him from behind. It was a tender moment between the two.

"Thank you Natsu... thank you," She said into his back.

Natsu took the opportunity to turn around and envelop her into his arms. Lucy was startled at first, completely taken aback by Natsu's sudden act of affection.

"Lucy, know that I will always protect you, I will always be with you" He started intently into her chocolate brown eyes. She was left speechless.

"Natsu..." was all she could say before he silenced her with his lips. The kiss was soft and tender at first, which turned passionate once their tongues met. Once the kiss ended, Natsu laid his forehead against her and decided that there was no time like the present to confess, he wanted enough time beating around the bush. After witnessing her future self-die, he knew he couldn't keep playing around anymore.

"Lucy, to me you are more than just nakama. You are strong, smart, beautiful both inside and out. You are weirdo, only because when I am around you, you make me feel weird inside. I never felt this before and I don't want it go away. You are everything to me and I can't lose you. Lucy, I love you". At this point, his face matched his hair. Never had he been so nervous, hell, he was surprised he was even to say all that.

Lucy was taken aback; she was stunned silent, processing what he just said. Once she processed what he said, she was elated and jumped into his arms and kissed him hard.

"Natsu, you have no idea how happy you just made me. I love you too, so much" Her face was burning up, and hid her face in his scarf. She was embarrassed but her own confession.

Natsu never felt such relief ever in his life. The love of his life returned his feelings. He was so happy. He kissed her again only to be abruptly interrupted by a snickering blue cat.

"They loooooooooove each other" Happy was floating around chanting, he originally wanted to teach them but couldn't help it, he was happy for his friends. Finally, those two idiots admitted to each other what everyone else new all along.

Natsu laughed why Lucy buried her head into his chest. "Yes we are Happy, yes we are"

Later that night, the guild got together at one of the very few bars that hadn't been destroyed. The guild was celebrating their victory; beer and hugs were being passed around. Everyone was in a happy and celebratory mood. Everything came to a stand still when the newly formed couple walked in hand in hand.

Mira squealed, running to them "Oh my god, does this mean what I think it mean?" she asked, all giddy and hopeful.

Natsu took the opportunity to pull a startled Lucy into his arms and kiss her. The entire guild was left in shock, jaws dropped at the sudden act of affection.

"Does that answer your questions Mira?" He smugly answered. Lucy was mortified; she was so embarrassed, not used to public acts of affections.

The guild erupted in cheers, finally those two idiots got together. The girls dragged Lucy away, much to Natsu's dismay; he didn't want to be separated from her. The guys came up to him to congratulate him.

"Lu-chan, I am so happy for you!" Levy happy exclaimed.

"It's about time you two got together, so who made the first move?" Cana asked. She was not one to shy away from asking steamy details.

"Lucy-San, I am so happy for you, you and Natsu-San make a great couple, don't they Charle?" Wendy sweetly asked, Charle simply nodded her agreement.

"Lucy, if Natsu disrespects you in any way, please let me know so I can punish him" Erza said, with such seriousness in her voice, which made Lucy shiver.

"Juvia is so happy that Lucy is no longer a love rival!" Juvia happy exclaimed.

"Thank you everyone, and Juvia I was never your love rival!" Lucy finally regained her composure and thanked everyone for their kind words.

Lisanna simply sat quietly around the group of girls, being disgusted by the scene. Natsu should have been hers. She swore to herself that Lucy would pay. She was seething inside.

Unfortunately, no one was suspecting what Lisanna was up to. She was a good actress after all.