Chapter 18

The entire guild was still in shock from the news they just heard. Questions were swirling around in their minds. They all wanted to know how and when did this all happen, but no one was able to formulate words.

The couple found their friends' reactions hilarious.

"Oi Popsicle! A fly will find its way into your mouth is your don't shut your trap!" Natsu poked fun at his comrade.

"Flame-brain... I didn't know you had it in you. Here I thought you didn't even know how to use your ..."

"THERE ARE CHILDREN IN THE ROOM!" Erza punched Gray, knocking him out.

"So, when did you two knock boots? Don't skimp out on the details!" Cana smirked and winked at Lucy, embarrassing the couple.

The couple were bombarded with questions, at one point it was getting overwhelming for Lucy. Natsu took notice and brought her to sit down and have a glass of water.

Makarov saw this as an opportunity to calm everyone down from their excitement.

"Pipe down brats! Lucy is with child, she has been through enough stress as it is, let her be for a few moments"

The guild was immediately reminded of what transpired over the past few months and they all fell silent.

"Lucy, Natsu, nothing I say will be enough to ease the pain. I am terribly sorry for what we did to you. I am mostly ashamed of what has become of my sister. No, that woman is not my sister. The Lisanna I knew would never stoop so low. I will make sure that she is brought to justice for the crimes she has committed" Mira had a sombre look on her. Her brother, Elfman, was holding her. They were both still in shock over what their sister did to them.

"Mira, I have already said that none of what happened was your fault. We do not hold grudges against anyone. I am beyond relieved to have my family back. Please don't beat yourself up. I need you to be happy when planning out our wedding!" Lucy tried to comfort her. She soon regretted saying that last part because Mira switched moods and went all happy crazy.

"Wedding? Yes! It's finally happened!" Mira was ecstatic.

The entire guild was happy that Natsu and Lucy were finally together.

After a while, Levy, Cana, Mira, Erza, Wendy and Yukino were huddled around a glowing Lucy. They all wanted to know how this all happened.

"I guess this all happened after Natsu defeated Future Rogue. I had also read Future Lucy's journal. We were both in each other's arms, standing in the middle of the Eclipse Gate's ruins. I realised how much he meant to me. Before I could confess though, he kissed me and confessed first"

Lucy was beaming and the girls were fawning.

"I didn't know that Natsu had it in him." Cana spoke up first.

Lucy couldn't help but ask about their childhood though.

"Say girls, I know that this isn't the time to talk about this, but I can't help but be curious. What was the relationship between Natsu and Lisanna when they were kids" Lucy felt the girls tense up.

"Lisanna was always pushy when we were kids. She was the youngest amongst the three of us, so she was always babied. That was out fault, we never set any boundaries or disciplined her" Mira started.

"When Natsu came into the guild with Happy's eggs, we were all curious and excited. Lisanna saw this as an opportunity to play house. She took a liking to him, but we didn't think much of it. Soon enough things got really weird, she kept calling herself his wife and would always refer to him as her husband. He tried to set her straight but she would always put on that crying act to get her way. Natsu being a nice guy, he hated when any of us cried, would just drop the argument and walk away," Cana continued on

"When we reached our teens, before she "died", things got even weirder and I think Natsu reached his limit. Lisanna started talking about wedding plans. We were all feeling weird about it because he was never interested in her like that. She also developed a jealous streak. I remember this one time, I had asked Natsu to help me out with a job and she dragged me behind the guild and threatened me. She was going on about Natsu is hers and only hers and no one will stand in her way" Levy finished.

Lucy sighed; she wasn't completely surprise by what she heard. She just couldn't understand why no one stood up to her. Yukino rubbed her friend's back, sensing her distress.

"Lucy, growing up the guild wasn't always easy. We were all kids and the only adults around were Master. Macao and Wakaba were in their 20s, fooling around. Laxus and I were going through that awkward and moody phase of being a teens. Makarov tried his best to raise us and he did a great job. We are all to blame really because we could have tried harder to talk some sense into her." Mira began to tear up again.

"Mira, girls, there is something I learned a long time ago. As much as you try, you can't help someone if they don't want to be helped in the first place." Lucy tried to console her friends.

"So how about we switch up the mood a little and get back to the real wedding talk." Lucy exclaimed and they all started to talk about what she wanted for a wedding.

"Lucy, I would be honoured to be your maid of honour" Erza spoke up. Quite the mistake though, this caused a bit of an argument between her and Levy, who was also vying for the spot.

The girls kept talking all night while the guys were joking around and fighting.

The night grew and the party was starting to die down. Natsu found his mate dozing off at the bar. He went up to her and kissed her shoulder. She was startled awake and turned around to face him. This time, she kissed him.

He helped her up and they left the guild, heading home. Once they reached the front door of their newly renovated house, Natsu decided to pick her up and carry her through the threshold.

"Natsu, what are you doing?" Lucy was giggling.

"Carrying my mate into our home, of course" Natsu smugly said.

He carried her into their bedroom and placed her on their bed. They began making out, but the time they both got their clothes off, things got out of hand. Natsu was ready to go further, but suddenly Lucy sat up and shrieked. She was holding her swollen belly.

"Natsu... the baby..." Natsu's eyes widened and Lucy began to tear up.