Chapter 23

It was the night before the big day; everyone was prepared for the worst. Lisanna had become mentally unstable which meant that she was unpredictable. Mira didn't underestimate her sister; she wouldn't be surprised if she practiced her transformation magic while in hiding. Pretty much everyone suspected that she would crash the wedding while in disguise. Thankfully, Laxus, Gajeel, Wendy as well as Sabertooth's Sting and Rogue were familiar with her scent and were on high alert.

Speaking of the Iron Dragon slayer, he had just returned from his recon mission with Lily and Gildarts and was now in Master's office, reporting his findings.

"So what did you two find?" Makarov inquired

"She is keeping a very low profile. We hung around dive bars known to dark guild members. She did try to join a few but was rejected. They weren't too impressed with her and her level of magic. " Gajeel said.

"The full out countrywide warrant for her arrest wasn't helping either. We can pretty much confirm that she is working as a solo dark mage at this point. I staked out black market magic shops, in case she would show up. I noticed a suspicious figure leaving a potions shop a few days ago. When I interrogated the shop keeper, the customer bought a potion to help with prolonging transformation magic". Gildarts concluded.

"So it seems my suspicions were right, she is planning on attending the wedding while in disguise." Makarov concluded.

"Don't worry Old Man, we dragon slayers can't be tricked. There is no potion out there to mask someone's true scent. We will be on the lookout". Gajeel assured him.

Makarov nodded at both men and exceed and excused them while he thought about their next move.

A few hours later, he exited his office and was met with a room full of concerned mages. It seems that Gajeel and Gildarts told them their findings as well.

"As you all know, tomorrow is a big day. Rest assured the traitor would be apprehended." Makarov shouted to the mages.

"Master, what is the plan?" Erza spoke up.

"Natsu and Lucy will remain in hiding unless otherwise. Loke and Sagittarius will also be on guard. The dragon slayers will be scattered through the guild and will be on the lookout for Lisanna's scent. As for the rest of you, it's business as usual" Makarov said and left the guild.

After Makarov disappeared into the night, the guild members were left to their thoughts.

"We are on high alert. Our main priorities are to protect Lucy and her child. She is now 6 months pregnant. Her magic is also quite volatile now since she is carrying a dragon slayer. Even though, she has her spirits and Natsu guarding her, Gildarts, I need you to be there as well," Erza said.

"Lisanna doesn't know that Lucy is pregnant, or that she is now living with Natsu Gemi and Mini has been using her old apartment as part of their cover. Tomorrow, Levy, Cana, Wendy and I will be with "Lucy" as she prepares for the wedding. Gemi has been instructed to act as normal, even play dead in case Lisanna plans on attacking her," Mira said.

"I will be sniffing her out the entire time" Wendy intervened.

"Gajeel, Happy and I will be with Mini while he gets ready for the wedding" Gray said.

"The rest of you will be working around the guild, preparing the decorations. None of the guests know what is going on with the exception of Sting, Rogue and Yukino. Doranbolt will be on hand with Lahar as well. Does anyone have an questions?" Erza said.

"What do we do if Lisanna comes into the guild?" Freed asked

"We will be pretend everything is normal, for all she knows, we are still in the dark about her transformation magic. We will have to wait until she slips up to catch her. Knowing her, she is bound to slip up somewhere. One of the dragon slayers will notify you once she is in the vicinity. Freed, make sure your runes are ready." Erza concluded.

"It's been a long day everyone, I don't know about the rest of you but I am tired. Let's call it a night. Don't forget about tomorrow, we have a wedding!" Levy chimed in.

With that the mages all went their separate ways.

Back at Natsu and Lucy's place, Natsu was rubbing Lucy's feet. They were relaxing at home. Lucy was feeling tired a lot lately. Natsu kept feeding her fire to make sure that the baby wasn't using too much of her magic.

"How are you feeling?" Natsu inquired.

"Hmmm, I am feeling great, thank you again Natsu"

"What for?" Natsu looked at her quizzically.

"For everything, for staying by my side, for taking care of me, for loving me" Lucy leaned in and kissed him.

"I should be the one thanking you Luce, I am the lucky one. You are smart, kind and the most beautiful woman in all of Earthland. I am the lucky on here Luce!" Natsu chuckled.

Suddenly, Natsu got off the couch and headed to their bedroom, leaving a baffled Lucy in the living room. He didn't say anything to her and when he came back, he was holding a small box in his hands. Lucy knew right away what he was holding.

"Natsu..."

"It seems that I never officially proposed. Although we are married in dragon terms, I figured I needed to make this right by you. So, Lucy Heartfilia, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Natsu was on one knee, flashing his signature grin.

"Oh Natsu, yes, a million times yes" Lucy was sobbing. Tears of joy were streaming down her face. She wrapped her arms around her neck and kissed him hard.

Once their separated, Natsu slid the ring on her left ring finger and kissed her again. He picked her up and carried her bridal style to their bedroom where they celebrated this new step in their relationship. He was one lucky dragon who finally found his princess and he was planning on keeping her forever.

Elsewhere, in a little tent out in the woods; an unsuspecting Lisanna was setting her plan in motion. She was mixing her potion and making sure her bottle contained the right dosage. She was planning on remaining hidden until the time was right.

"Tomorrow, will be your last day on earth Lucy and I will become Mrs. Natsu Dragneel"