Chapter 15

The walk to Laxus' home was quiet. He and Gajeel didn't talk much and the tension was very thick. Both didn't want to acknowledge the elephant in the room: Mira.

"Do you think we can take Mira easily?" Gajeel decided to speak up.

"I don't know. I mean I know we can but I don't want to hurt her".

"I know what you mean, I wasn't easy fighting against Shrimp. I didn't want to hurt her, not again."

They both decided to continue their walk in silence after that.

Once reaching his cottage, they noticed the light on. Laxus motioned Gajeel to wait outside until he gave the signal. Gajeel reluctantly agreed and watched Laxus head inside.

Laxus took a deep breath and opened the door. He walked in and noticed that nothing was out of the ordinary. He heard faint music coming from is bedroom. He had an idea of what was going on. Normally, he would be ecstatic but given the circumstances, he dragged his feet and braced himself for a fight.

He slowly opened the door and almost had a nosebleed; Mira was lying on his bed, naked. She had this seductive smirk on her face.

"Well, it's about time you showed up Laxus, you shouldn't keep a lady waiting" She purred

"We both know that you aren't just a lady Mira" Laxus smirked. He figured to play her game, in hopes of making this a lot easier, he really didn't want to fight her.

He took off his coat and his soon shirt followed. Mira's heart was beating fast with anticipation. He crawled towards her on the bed with cat like stealth. Once he reached her, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him for a kissed.

Normally, Laxus would have savoured the intimacy but this was a not the time. While their tongues wrestled he slid his hand down her body as a means to distract her from his true intentions. He slipped his hand inside his pocked and prepared the syringe. Just as she was ready to flip him on his back he stabbed her in the neck. She shrieked in pain and passed out. Laxus had enough time to cover her up before Gajeel came storming in.

Once the iron dragon slayer stepped into Laxus' room, his faced burnt up fifty shades of red. It took one scowl from the lightning dragon slayer to compose himself.

"So it's done?" Gajeel inquired.

"Yeah, you should wait for us in the living room. I will keep an eye on her until she wakes up. It won't be easy."

Gajeel turned on his heels and waited in the other room. Laxus put his shirt back on and pulled up a chair and waited.

After about an hour, Mira started to stir. She opened her eyes and took in her surroundings, she was confused at first and then it all came rushing back. She immediately began to cry. Laxus rushed to her side and enveloped her in his arms.

"Shhh, it's ok. You are safe, everything will be ok" Laxus consoled her

"How... how can she do this to us? This is not the Lisanna I know" Mira sobbed.

"Mira, we will talk about this later, right now. I need you to get dressed. We need to meet up with the others."

Mira quickly realized her state of dress and furiously blushed.

Once she was ready, she met up with the waiting dragon slayers and headed to the woods.

Once they spotted Makarov, she immediately ran to him and hugged him. She cried and apologized profusely for her actions.

"My child, none of this is your fault. Lisanna is the culprit here. All will be fixed tomorrow" Makarov consoled her.

"Master?" Mira was confused.

"Tomorrow, we are meeting Lahar and Doranbolt. I am sorry, but I had no choice. Lisanna used dark magic and the Magic Council needed to be aware."

"I understand. Lisanna's actions are inexcusable. I don't recognize my sister anymore."

"I am sorry to interrupt, but I think we should continue the conversation inside." Levy interrupted.

They all concurred and headed indoors. Polyusica couldn't wait for this whole ordeal to be over; she wanted everyone out of her house and her peace and quiet back.

Elsewhere, Natsu and Lucy were enjoying each other's company in bed. Lucy was dealing with a bad bout of morning sickness and Wendy was tending to her all day. Since she was carrying a dragon slayer, her body temperature was unusually high so Natsu occasionally placed a cold damp cloth on her forehead.

"Hey Luce, how are you feeling?"

"I am carrying your child, how do you expect me to feel" She retorted sarcastically.

"Luuuuuushiiii, quit being mean!" Natsu pouted.

"Natsu, I am sorry, I am just so tired and so stressed. I just wish we could go home. I miss everyone"

"I know, I spoke with Gramps earlier and hopefully everything should be ok. Something is going down tomorrow. Loke, Taurus, Capricorn and Sagittarius will be there too."

"I hope no one will get hurt."

"Hey Luce, once this is over, I was thinking of maybe, if you want, we should get married." Natsu was fidgeting.

"I thought that by me being your mate, we already were." Lucy was stunned.

"We are in dragon terms, I just thought that maybe you wanted to make it official in the traditional way. I know how girls are about their dream wedding. To be honest, I can't shake that image of you in a wedding dress since the Games" Natsu was furiously blushing at this point. Lucy began to tear up.

"Oh Natsu, I would love to marry you!" She jumped into his arms and kissed him.

Natsu was thrilled. He finally started to see that things were starting to look up in this whole ordeal. He couldn't wait to go home and celebrate with everyone. He could just imagine Mira flipping out and taking care of the arrangements.

Yeah, things were starting to look up for the young couple.