Chapter 17

A week had passed since the guild was cured from Lisanna's treacherous potion. Things were slowly getting back to normal. The guild members were all waiting for the return of the beloved celestial mage and fire dragon slayer. They had no idea that they were a couple, practically married, and also expecting a child.

While they were busy preparing the decorations for the "Welcome Back! /We're Sorry!" party, the happy couple were finishing packing up their things. Natsu had requested that Virgo store their belongings in the Celestial World until they got back to Magnolia. The couple decided to travel light, only carrying the essentials. They also opted to wear cloaks to conceal their identities; they still needed to be careful since Lisanna was still on the loose.

They couple weren't alone in their voyage. Sting, Rogue and Yukino decided to travel with them. Their friendships only strengthened during this whole ordeal. Since Lucy couldn't walk for too long, the dragon slayers begrudgingly agreed to travel by train. Thankfully, Wendy was on hand to cast the Troia on them to ease the stress from the train ride.

After a few hours, they finally set foot in Magnolia. As much as Lucy wanted to go straight to the guild, Natsu was, surprisingly, the level-headed one and dragged her to their house. Once they got to his stone cobbled steps, they were stunned by what stood before them.

Natsu's jaw dropped; his house was huge! They had no idea what happened. The couple carefully walked up to the door and Natsu slowly opened it. Once inside, they were surprised to see all of Lucy's Celestial Spirits.

"You think I would let my princess live in this mess?" Loke walked up to Natsu and patted him on the back.

"Wha-what did you do?" Natsu was shocked.

"We decided to spruce up the place before you got here" Virgo intervened.

Lucy was completely taken aback by their kind gesture. The house was expanded. Natsu's house now had a total of 4 rooms. One was already turned into the baby' room and the other into a study for Lucy. The other was a newly renovated master bedroom and the other a guest room.

His bathroom now had a shower stall and a bathtub fit for two; Lucy's Spirits certainly knew how much she loved her relaxing baths. The kitchen was also renovated as well. The couple was surprised to see the kitchen already stocked and all her Lucy's things moved in and unpacked. Natsu's house was now their home and it was ready for the baby. Natsu held Lucy while she had her emotional moment, crying and thanking everyone for their generosity.

Natsu patted Loke on the back and thanked him. Natsu knew he needed to renovate the place to for the baby but he wasn't expecting this.

After the heartfelt reunion, the Spirits returned to their world, allowing the couple to relax for a few hours. Natsu carried his mate bridal style to their bedroom and gently laid her on the bed. They looked into each other's eyes lovingly, before Natsu dipped his head and captured Lucy's lips.

Meanwhile, Wendy and her travelling companions were headed to the guild. Wendy had to remind the Sabertooth Guild Members to keep their mouths shut about Lucy being Natsu's mate and about the pregnancy.

Yukino and Rogue took the responsibility to make sure Sting didn't spill the beans; when he gets excited he tends to forget about keeping secrets.

"Hey! I am not that bad!" The Light Dragon Slayer retorted

"Of course not!" Rogued sarcastically replied, while rolling his eyes. Yukino and Wendy just giggled while they watched the banter.

Once the opened the doors they were welcomed by cheers and greetings by the now reformed Fairy Tail members.

Makarov and Erza were the first to come up to the group.

"Thank you for taking care of my children. Fairy Tail is indebted to you, Sabertooth Guild Master" Makarov shook Sting's hand.

"Don't sweat it, what are friends for, right?" Sting smiled back.

"Where are Natsu and Lucy?" Erza interrupted

"Natsu-San and Lucy-San went back to his place to rest up a bit. Lucy-San was quite tired from the trip" Rogue casually replied.

Upon hearing this, Mira's senses began to tingle. Little hearts showed up in her eyes, which made Laxus nervous.

"Relax Mira, you might want to preserve your energy for when they actually do get here" Laxus tried to calm her. This only raised the Demon Matchmaker's suspicions.

"Laxus..." Mira slowly began to walk towards him, the look in her eyes made him very nervous.

"What do you know?" Laxus was pinned the wall at this point. Before the he could say anything the guild doors burst open.

The couple of the hour walked in. Natsu was dressed in his casual while baggy pants and waistcoat, nothing out of the ordinary. What caught everyone's attention was Lucy, her hair was slightly longer, she was wearing a flattering blue sundress, which accentuated her slightly swollen belly and she was glowing.

The guild didn't know how to react. All of a sudden a short bluenette burst through the crowd and flung herself towards Lucy.

"Lucy.... I am so sorry for what happened" Levy sobbed.

"Levy, none of this was your fault" She patted her friend on the back. She then looked at everyone.

"None of this was your fault, you had no control of what was going on. Please don't beat yourselves up. We didn't come back only to see you all sad and guilt ridden. Come on now!" Lucy shouted.

They all cheered and ran to hug the couple. Once Mira reached to the couple, that's when all hell broke loose.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOODNESS! LUCY! WHAT IS THAT?" Mira was pointing to her tummy. Lucy was speechless. She wasn't prepared and was completely embarrassed. Thankfully, her dragon slayer swooped in to save his princess.

"Well, there is no time like the present, eh Luce?" Natsu wrapped a protecting arm around her. Lucy buried her face in his chest. The guild was baffled by their behaviour.

"So listen up everyone, Lucy is my mate so from now on, hands off! She is MINE!" The guild was stunned silent.

"Oh and another thing. WE ARE HAVING A BABY!" Natsu shouted, he was grinning from ear the to ear.

"WHAT?" The guild shouted. Mira fainted upon hearing the news thankfully Laxus caught her.

The dragon slayers, Yukino and Makarov simply smirked while the rest of the guild was still trying to absorb the bomb that just dropped.